3.12.2008

Jake is 8!

That's right. The sweet little boy who was first to make me a mommy has turned 8! It seems like such a milestone - I can't believe I'm the mom of someone that old! We had a great week celebrating. Here is a picture of Jake and his friends at his Friday night birthday party. They had pizza, jumped on the tramp and watched "The Neverending Story." It was an awesome time.L to R: Connor; Brandon; Jake; Ethan and Jake McGee
This is Jake with his new Tony Hawk bike on his birthday morning. He was glad because he was feeling left out when Dylan got a new one for his birthday. We had a fun bike ride/walk Sunday evening where he got to test his skills. His birthday was busy with Little League and golf but we got to go out to mexican food for dinner. We are looking forward to this weekend when our family will be here to help him celebrate his baptism. I'm so proud of Jake - he's such a good kid. I feel lucky to be his mom and can't wait to see where life takes him.On the Thursday before his party, the 2nd grade at Anthem School put on a Bugz Musical. This is the Apollo Way crew after the show.
From top L to R: Chase; Jake; Connor; Meredith; Madeline; Dylan; Carter; Mallory

They made their own costumes and sang 4 or 5 songs. There were speaking parts and solos. This is Jake right before his speaking part. He was so aweome! Very clear, slow and loud - he was one of the few kids you could understand. He said his music teacher even let him coach some of the kids on their parts during class the day of the show. The picture's not great but it was hard to get close. This is the boys on the risers after the show looking super cute. Don't let this picture fool you - they stayed still for about 2 seconds, otherwise they were seeing who could jump the most steps at once.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Happy Birthday Jake! I would call but I know it is no use. One day...I swear your boys hate the phone. At least I get to come down and see you this weekend! Sounds like he had a fun Birthday-and a cool bike! I am excited to see Dylan and Jake riding around. Cute musical too, I love the antennas! Good job speaking Jake! I bet he didn't sing much though, huh? Apparently doesn't take after his Uncle Chris after all with his musical skills!

Carrie said...

What a big guy! Happy birthday Jake! We are so super sad that we can't make it to Arizona this weekend for your baptism! We will think of you on Saturday! The school performance looks sooo fun! How cool! Nik, were you having Mission Avenue flashbacks?

Love you guys! Have lots of fun without us! Ryan said this morning, he wanted to fly to Arizona to say sorry to Dylan for breaking the foot of the yellow transformer that Dylan left at Chris's house.
Bummer that we can't.

Amy said...

He's so big and old and cute and smart and everything an 8 year old should be. I'm so proud!...I can't even imagine how proud you are! I love that last picture of the boys. I'm a little surprized that Jake was such a good "actor". He seems shy sometimes. We'll be missing you this weekend for sure!

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Ethan had so much fun at Jake's party. He liked the movie, it's an oldie, but goodie! I remember having a crush on what's his name...Trejo or something. We are looking forward to the baptism. It is weird having an eight year old, isn't it?
So I was trying to remember those funny blogs you told me about...what were they again? Have a good day we'll see you tomorrow!

Julee said...

WOW that is so crazy!! Jack is such a little stud!! You just have the cutest family!! I love your blog...it's too cute!!! You are so good at keeping it updated!! Go you!