3.21.2008

Fun Stuff with Grandma and Grandpa Motley


Thought I'd post a little more of the fun we had when Grandpa and Grandma came for Jake's baptism. We were able to pack in quite a bit of fun in just a few days, but that's always possible when you're a Motley! The video is of some trampoline awesomeness. This one is of Patrick "jumping" the boys, which is the first request he gets when he walks in the door from work. Sorry in advance for Carter crying through the entire video. He's the only Watson who doesn't love to be "jumped." It was fun to have Grandpa capture it. These next pictures are from our day trip to Prescott and to Watson Lake.

Beautiful Arizona blue skies and Watson Lake
Climbing the granite dells
Wha cha! I'm climbin'!

Wait - my hood came off! The day was definitely chillier than the pictures show. Loungin' Jake
Of course, a trip to Phoenix is not complete without a trip to the zoo. Here are the 3 little monkeys. We went here the day Mom and Dad flew home. Great day, beautiful weather - and the first time we did the zoo sans stroller for Carter! What a milestone! Lunch at Chipotle made the day perfect. Did you know that Carter would rather share my burrito bowl than eat his own quesadilla? I'm not sure how I feel about this.

And thrown in between were: trips to the park; trips to the fishing pond; family walks; playing outside with the basketball hoop; golfing; watching family videos (which, I might add, is way traumatizing!); eating yummy dinners; celebrating Patrick's birthday; bedtime stories from Grandpa (and other general silliness) and lots of hanging out. Whew!

Speaking of golfing, here's a little bit of the talent caught on tape.

Of course, no visit from the Motley's could be complete without Grandpa's famous treats. The coolest thing about hanging out with grandparents is seeing things from your childhood that you love being passed on to your own children. And they spoil us pretty good too. Thanks Mom and Dad! We love you!


5 comments:

Amy said...

Way fun! That pictures at the lake are great! You've become quite the photographer. Mom looks so frozen! I want to come for a visit sooooooo bad! I know what you mean about how the way the grandparents are around our children. It brings back a lot of memories! How much did we LOVE Daddy's Famous Treats!?

Erica said...

Oh dad! He makes the craziest treats! Did they eat them? Those are some fun videos. I am so glad you have a blog and are keeping up on it, it is so fun to get to see your boys!

Carrie said...

Watson lake looks really cool. Happy Watson is AWESOME! We heard that he played with the 14 year olds after the clinic! Way to go Jake! Sean would rather eat my chicken burrito at On the Border instead of the kid food...which is NOT okay with me. I like my leftovers the next day too much to share! Glad you guys had so much fun!

Donette said...

Love the pic of the boys on the top or your blog - so funny to read about Dylan's shot experience. I now have a little hope for Cole - yes I am even later at getting this done than you were. It was fun hanging out yesterday - we need to plan a weekend every month if possible to do it again.! You guys are awesome! Stay in touch!

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Wow looks like you guys had a busy week. The lake looks gorgeous. How fun, I wish my family would come visit me. Have you guys ever been to the rock slides in Sedona? I've heard its gorgeous. You guys are always doing fun things! The only fun thing we ever do is...ummm go out to eat? I would love to take the boys to that indoor play area in mesa, that you were telling me about, are you up for it?