9.17.2010

california part 3: lake tahoe

It had been a few years since we'd been to Lake Tahoe - how could I have forgotten how beautiful it is!! My dad had a friend that let us stay in his cabin for the weekend and what a treat! We went up on a Friday night and went hiking the next day.



Crazy cousins climbing every boulder in sight!





All the hikers minus Grandpa. He had us all posed on these cool stumps.














The end of the hike had this great little waterfall. Of course all shoes must be removed and all heads must be dunked in the freezing water!


















The boys found a patch of snow that was still there. And here are the girls.


Nearly finished with cold IBC rootbeer waiting, a hiking tradition. What a gorgeous view!



Some hot tub fun! This picture captures them all so well. What is Kyle doing?





We took our time after dinner and wish we didn't because we went down to the park by the beach and it was a blast! The crazy boys went into the freezing water and swam all the way to the buoys - even Carter! Then of course there was playing catch until it was too dark to see.


Me and my dudes as the sun is getting ready to set. The following day we hit church then had a tasty Sunday dinner before we went home. My dad and brother took the boys to play baseball on a ball field they found and I might've gotten to read on the sunny porch for a couple of hours. Heaven!
Another fun highlight was taking the boys on a little walk while the cars were getting loaded up. I bonded with my nephews and had fun carrying Kyle who thinks that getting carried constitutes a walk. I love the way he says Aunt Nikki. Little boys (and girls, for that matter) melt my heart!
My parents always show us an awesome time. What a great weekend!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Again! What a fun weekend! We were so happy we got to tag along on such great adventures this year! You forgot to mention that Dylan named the left over snow ~ a summer miracle! My boys still refer to it:) GOOD TIMES!

JaMie HeApS said...

nick, that vacation looks like heavin. your family looks so fun and all the kids look like they fit just perfectly. you also look like one young moma in that last pic with your boys. and im so glad you dad snuck a pic of you, next time really put him in charge of the cannoing one.

Karen M. said...

I'm kind of glad you've been a slow poke to post these fun days and great pictures. It's been fun to think back to how much fun having you here was and how you can have a really great time doing some pretty simple things.

Amy said...

Your pictures are so great! Love the one dad took on the stumps, we'll have to find that spot again I think to do a complete family shot. And, the one with you and the boys at the very end... so sweet :) I'm hoping as my kids get onlder we'll get to do more of these types of outings.

Unknown said...

that hot tub picture is awesome!