9.16.2010

california part 1: kayaking at lake natoma

Hurray for California time! We weren't able to visit my parents quite as long this summer but we were still able to manage a good two and half weeks. We always enjoy some one-on-one time with Grandma and Grandpa Motley and to play with our cousin buddies. On our first Saturday there, we took my parent's new kayak to Lake Natoma (which really feels like a river) and had a fun picnic and turns on the kayak.

Dylan and Ryan


Jake's taking a break from the freezing water


Grandma taking a turn with the boys. It turns out Jake and Dylan are both really good paddlers! My kids are getting big.


Kyle is helping Carrie to paddle. I thought that was so adorable! Carrie might be the most fun pregnant mom I've ever seen - she's like 8 weeks from her due date here (I hope I got that right)! Maybe Scott is doing all the work?



Messy face Kyle taking a break from throwing rocks in the water. It was great getting to know
his funny personality better since he was so much younger the last time we saw each other. He is an absolute riot!

My dad snuck one of me! I wish there was one of me taking all my little boys for a kayak ride - Carter on my lap, Dylan in the middle, and Jake helping to paddle up front. Pretty funny! No hubby this day. Patrick was traveling for work, again.



Carter and Sean
How lucky my kids are to have such fun cousins - and ones so close in age!




My dad taking Carter and Jake for a spin.
What a great day! Me and the boys love kayaking! We need to get ourselves one, I think.

8 comments:

Elder Tyler Mumford said...

Spending time with family is the best! Your kids look like they are having so much fun. :)

Erica said...

Great pictures! And I love that Dad snuck one of you. Bummer I missed my summer sacramento visit!

Jer and Cam said...

Your boys were made for the water and they are all so buff. How about they paddle me around the lake while I read a book, that sounds lovely!
I am finding myself wanting to break into your house and steal your camera. How do you feel about that? Those crisp, clear pics are to die for.

Karen M. said...

I agree about that camera-what great shots! That was such a fun day. Hope the boys have good memories of it too. Cooooold water!

Carrie said...

Awesome blogging lady! This was such a great day! So chill with fun little adventures for all! Your boys did very awesome with their paddling. Jake is for sure getting old...he totally counted as a big person on those kayak excursions:) And you were a kayaking maniac taking the boys on lots of trips. I'm so sad we don't have more pictures of you on there! You rocked the kayak!
I think I technically had about 9 weeks left that week and I think Scott did not do all the work...though he does say my paddling could use a bit more consistency...but I can also blame that on Kyle being my helper, right? So fun to remember those awesome summer days again!

nikki said...

Well, then you were pretty awesome for 9 weeks away! I know for a fact that Scott didn't do all the work!! That was my joking way of say that you are the best pregnant paddler I've ever seen! And that it would make me feel better if Scott did all the work :)

Unknown said...

I love going there! I visit that place every year!

www.guccihandbagsoutlet.org said...

Your comment has been saved.
It may take a moment for your comment to appear on the site.