9.16.2010

california part 2: other fun stuff

When we go to Granite Bay, we pack it all in! This year was no different, although with the shorter time spent there were a few "usuals" that didn't get done. I think I was most sad about not getting to go to San Francisco. Of course, the favorite is lots and lots of pool time. I think the thing they like best is waking up to swim first thing so they can forgo a shower. It counts in the summertime, right?



I don't think my brother and I have enough boys between us. And this picture is even missing Kyle and their new baby on his way!




One fun highlight was getting to go to the California State fair. We hadn't been able to go in forever because they kept holding it in September. They held it early this year and my mom took us on the one ticket per ride day! What a blast!
Cute grandma and the boys

Jake riding the scariest ride known to man, by himself because I'm a wuss! Grandma had this great idea to help them earn ride tickets by how many pages of school work they did and they sure took that seriously! Earned themselves lots and lots of tickets.


Dylan and Carter waiting for their ride to start


3 boys waiting for the swings to start - they loved this ride!





I was able to meet my highschool friend Mimi and her family for yogurt one evening. We hadn't seen each other in years! It was so fun to catch up and her husband and family were so sweet.






One evening Scott and Carrie treated us to a park barbecue and cousing playdate. It's always so fun to get the boys together. They had fun eating hot dogs, playing on the splash pad and getting soccer pointers from Uncle Scott.



Aiming for the impossible - 6 boys looking at the camera!




My dad always has fun taking the boys to the golf course. He took them one afternoon and they got to spend the whole day with Grandpa while my mom and I got some hanging out in. They had a great day! One of the highlights was getting to ride in my dad's friend's Ferrari. My boys have gotten really obsessed with cars lately and when they found out my dad's friend had a Ferrari, they about died! Imagine their surprise when they were able to get a ride! Honestly I think that this is what they talked about most out of all the things they did in California.






























What a treat!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

And more fun! That's pretty amazing those boys got to ride in the Ferrari! Bummed we missed out on the State Fair...I've lived here for a long time and still haven't been! Dollar day is for sure the way to go! Maybe next year! My boys so much love when our cousin buddies come to town! Makes them soooo happy!

Karen M. said...

How cute are all those boys together? I hope they stay the best of buds. The boys' faces in the ferrari is one of pure joy! I guess we don't need to try so hard to entertain them, right?

Amy said...

They will remember the Ferrari FOREVER! What a great memory for them. I've always had fond memories of the State Fair. Cool that the boys got to experience it.

Mimi said...

Oh Nikki it was so so great to see you. I enjoyed catching up and meeting your boys. Looks like you had a great time in CA. Hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

It is obvious in the photos that your family had a great time in Cali. Riding the Ferrari must be one of the most exciting activities they have experienced during your visit there. It looks like a bigger version of their toy cars at home. Lucky is your dad to have a friend who owns a luxury car like Ferrari. If your family loves it, why don't you consider buying one?

Arlyne Nelms @Spartan Toyota