12.12.2010

the hostess with the mostess

put together a great adult Christmas dinner this year


with the fanciest table around! I love the cranberries and ornaments in pretty dishes.



A few of us ladies where we hung out all night, around the island where all Jamie's tasty apps and Riley's top-notch selection of bevs were. Dunno what those boys were thinking chilling on the couch.



Dinner was delish - Sarah's awesome brisket, Paige's tasty salad, Camie's bacon-y potatoes and rolls and Brooke's yummy pasta salad.
We had an fabulous white elephant exchange too. Camie got Jamie's infamous sweater from last year's Christmas sweater party. I can't wait to see her rock it at church - she'll be $60 richer from all the bets!!



Jeromy and Matt sharing a good laugh over a coupon book. Don't think I've ever seem Jeromy quite so red!!



And evidently Camie and Jamie love each other.



More highlights:
Paige's gorgeous gold ensemble; Jamie V's "kid" dinner plate; reading Brooke's text at the dinner table about her plumbing fiasco; covering up Matt in the picture with all my vainness; not doing such a good job of hiding that my secret scratcher present was a good one and then working to get it stolen away from Jamie when she stole it away from me; Brad's outfit change after ping pong; Jeromy's Big Hunk; me and Patrick thinking a Michael Bolton CD was way funnier than anyone else did

9 comments:

Erica said...

What a fun party! Nothing better than a good dinner with friends and just laughing! And I do love those ornaments with the cranberries. Very cute! And you are just so cute and so are your friends!

Sally said...

What a fun group. Sometimes I crash your ward's park day so I can get a little glimpse of this kind of fun. Honestly the crashing has been on accident but still lots of fun! Miss you Nikki!

JaMie HeApS said...

warning.. dub if you are reading this there could be few spelling mistakes, read with caution:)

what a fun night indeed, im not gunna lie was a little sad when you conviced brad to steal my present, and i did think the cd was hallarous just didnt want to hurt dubs feelings about his all time fav artist.
sara dose know how to throw a shindig!

Sarah said...

I love reading all the highlights of the night! Your pie was fabulous - I just finished off the last piece (thanks for my extra:) Merry Christmas!

Carrie said...

A blog from Nikkos! And I just bugged you today not knowing you were already on it! What great friends you have! Your prego friend has the cutest belly in the world!!! AND I LOVE HER CURTAINS!!! I have such a fear of curtains because I just don't know what to do, but I so much love those!

Jer and Cam said...

Forget the table, how gorgeous is Sarah in that first picture of her? So pretty! I noticed how Jon and Riley aren't smiling in the last group pic...think it might have anything to do with their gift getting stolen? Hee hee.

All I can say is I came up the big winner this weekend because I got 2nights in a row with the Dubs how lucky am I? So fun hanging out with you guys!

And good thing that scratcher was a loser anyway, huh?:)

Amy said...

You blogged!! Yippee! Looks like a fun party. You have cute friends :)

Karen M. said...

I thought your dad was going to have a heart attack when he saw you updated your blog! So fun to see you all you did and your fun friends too-thanks for giving us a quick peek at the night!

Mary and Ryan said...

I love all your pics of the party. That is one fabulous table, Sara really is amazing!! I think a Michael Bolten CD is pretty darn funny too:)