5.28.2008

Memorial Weekend

We decided to spend the weekend in Las Vegas visiting my brother Chris and sister-in-law Lindsay and new nephew/cousin Hudson. My sister Erica and her husband Ryan also came so it was a fun family affair. I'm so glad we decided to go - we almost wussed out what with the traffic and all. Thank goodness traffic cooperated since the weather didn't! On Saturday, we went downtown to the Mandalay Bay to visit the Shark Reef Aquarium. Erica and Ryan met us there (they were staying with friends) and we got to witness the teeny tiny belly bump firsthand. So cute!Hudson, Jake, Dylan and Carter getting ready to go in the the Aquarium. What?! We couldn't leave him out of the hat-wearing fun just because he's a baby!!

Do you like my hat? I do, I like that Shark Reef hat! Jake and Dylan in the aquarium - I think they're checking out the yellow crocodile from Thailand. He was creepy and cool.

Uncle Ryan and Carter looking at the big "bish".

Me and Patrick with sharks behind us! I did a bad job of getting any pictures of Chris and Lindsay this weekend. My camera didn't cooperate once it got dark in the aquarium (still learning how to use it) and we were having too much fun the rest of the weekend to take many others. Let's just let it be known, however, that Lindsay looks amazing! No one would believe she had a baby in her belly just 4 short weeks ago!!Dylan and Hudson. Dylan was so sweet to him and Hudson is just the sweetest baby! Such a pleasant temperment and it's cute to see Chris and Lindsay being parents. Very relaxed and enjoying every minute.
The cold weather can't stop these guys! Their pool heats up so it was fairly comfortable. The weather was very unMemorial Weekend-like but for people from Arizona and people from Vegas, any time that it's not scorching hot already is very welcome! So they swam in here a lot and Uncle Chris even got Jake to jump off the roof into the pool with him the first night we were there! Crazy boys - must run in the family. On Sunday, we had a chance to see our good friends the Pettingill's, who moved to Las Vegas from Anthem about 2 years ago. It was so good to see them - their kids have gotten so big and both Melissa and Chad look great. It was awesome to catch up. We have always had so much fun with them and being together made it all the worse that we never see them anymore. We miss you guys! Thanks for having us over!
Our Crew
Jaxon, Kenady, Tanner, Jake, Landon
Carter, Dylan

Monday shaped up to have some nice weather (of course!) so we pushed our departure time back a few hours. We enjoyed getting some sun and having a nice BBQ. Chris and Lindsay are amazing hosts - their home is gorgeous and they have a way of making anyone who comes over feel welcome. We had such a nice time and the boys were sooo good. We loved getting the chance to spend a long weekend with family! Love you guys!

9 comments:

Kendra said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun, make me so excited to visit my family in Ohio!!!!

Amy said...

That looks like a fun visit! I'm glad you were able to do something memorable for Memorial weekend. I know what you mean about Chris and Lindsay, they are AWESOME hosts. Now I'm even more anxious to see everyone! How cute are ALL my nephews?! Hey, I see you are reading the Host. Any good? If it is and you own it, bring it with you and we shall have a book exchange.

Erica said...

Yeah! It was so fun to see you, Patrick and your cute boys! It made me very excited to see you again in July! Hooray for family get togethers. That Hudson is so cute! I love my nephews!

Carrie said...

btw, your thanks for the comments comment in here is cute. How'd you do that?

As for your trip, looks like lots of fun! I wanna see that Hudson! He's so tiny! From what you reported to your parents, he's still smaller than Kyle at birth! So funny.

I love the pictures of you and Patrick lately. Cute couple:)

Glad you all had fun. Glad we all get to have a trip together this summer! It's going to be greeaaat!

Donette said...

Yah! Fun family trips! Wish you could have come to our house - but glad that you got to see your family and that new baby - can't ever pass on that. You guys will have to come down for the day sometime! Seriously we need to get together soon. Let's stop the talkin and start the walkin;)

jewly said...

What a fun trip. It is always nice to go see family and a bonus when you get to see old friends. I know I can't wait to come visit everyone.

Anonymous said...

You are such a nice mom to let Jake jump off the roof! I need to be more mellow like you! I'm glad you're trip was so fun and that your kiddos were good. They always are though! I loved the pics with the kids wearing the hats. They are so silly!! Too cute!!

And BTW I completely agree that there are worse things than blog stalking...you're so funny!

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I love the hats! It was fun seeing you guys at the pool. Ethan had so much fun hanging out with Jake. he came home with the hugest blisters from the monkey bars...did jake get any?
My friend told me about a cook book and a differnt approach to our dinner group where we do the cooking together?, are you interested? It sounds cheaper, and this way we all pick out the meals together, so everyone will like everything. It might be worth it to try it out.

Zoo Keeper said...

Thanks for coming to our house! We were so glad to see you! It was so fun! It made me miss Arizona- and all our friends! Thank you for taking the time to come and see us!