5.16.2008

Fun moments from this week...

This week was Spirit Week at Anthem Elementary School and Jake has had a ton of fun dressing up. I didn't get a picture of pajama day or mix-n-match day (wear crazy clothes that don't match - Jake looked so funny!) but I took some pictures of the other days. Jake and Connor had the same shirts for Twin Day (one was Connor's brother's) and looked super cute.Jake and Crazy Hair Day! This is at the end of the day and it actually stayed pretty good. This was accomplished with gel, pomade, the blow-dryer AND hairspray.
This is Sports and Hat Day, which is fun for the kids since they can't usually wear hats in class. Jake decided to break out of the mold and dress as a golfer, not a baseball or basketball player like his other friends. Carter was confused all morning and wanted to know when they were going to play golf.
Patrick is in Seattle this weekend visiting his family so we were on our own yesterday. It was gorgeous out last night so we decided to take a walk/bike ride. Look at this beautiful Arizona sky!
Here are my munchkins, each on his vehicle of choice.
Dylan decided to ride his old bike - I think he is still adjusting to his bigger bike and when we ride far, he likes the comfort of the little one. Jake is adjusting well to his new bike. Carter rides his Hot Wheel trike, aided by me and the stroller. He picks his feet up while I push the back of the trike with the stroller. It's a good little system (I have to give Patrick the credit here since it was his invention) and usually Carter steers really well. Last night was a major exception, however. He was all over the place! We enjoyed being outside - the breeze felt wonderful and all the spring smells were heavenly. We even got to see a roadrunner. We miss you Dad, but we're keeping busy and having fun too! Give everyone hugs for us!

10 comments:

Amy said...

I totally remember when we had weeks like those in elem. school. I love it that Carter was so confused and that Jake was brave enough to be different than all the other kids. How proud is dad (grandpa) right now? That is a great picture of the Arizona sky! I'll have to look at it frequently and sit in envy. We DO NOT have skies out here like that. Jealousy!

Anonymous said...

What cute boys! I can't wait for them to come and play at my house. Don't get burned out on the heat because there will be more here when you come. Good job on the hair! Do you remember doing this too? Our school goes crazy over it since they don't get to wear costumes at Halloween. It always seems like they are wearing their pajamas to school and when they ask "Mrs. Motley, why didn't you wear your Pjs", I always answer, you don't know me very well, do you? Fun for kids-not adults!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I like the crazy hair! My kids love spirit week too. Today was pajama day and I had a hard time pulling something together that wasn't too shabby to wear to school! LOL! 9 more days of school and counting...

Carrie said...

How fun. I think it's so great that Jake got so into the spirit days! Great job on the hair...and it staying mostly in place ALL day!
So when is Patrick coming home?

jewly said...

Dress up days are fun until you get to high school. Nobody dressed up in high school except the cheerleaders(me) and student council(people that were forced to dress up). I remember being so embarrassed during spirit week, but loved it when I was in Elementary school.

Ashley Elizabeth said...

I love spirit week. That's fun that Jake was into it. Ethan has spirit week this week, tommorrow is decades day, I am not sure what we will pull together?? We have had some beautiful nights, gotta enjoy them now before it's too hot.
I read a Thousand splendid Suns a few mo ago. After the first chapter I am almost stopped. But I am glad I didn't because I ended up really liking it. It's sad, but it actually has a great ending, that's all I'm going to say! I also liked it because I was so clueless about their culture. I'll be interested in what you think.

Sally said...

I am facsinated with your stroller pushing the trike process. I can't wait to give it a try! I love the hair-do!

Jer and Cam said...

I'm glad you survived the weekend! It sounds like it was way busy, but you just handle stress so well! We love spirit week too. Today was Decades Day and Jake woke up and said he wanted to be a soldier from WWII. I started to tell him there was no way I could pull that off in 45 minutes, but he stopped me and pulled out his cami shorts and green shirt (a normal outfit that he probably wears once a week) and he said that was going to be his uniform. Sweet. I love it when the ordinary becomes special because it has the title 'Spirit Week' attached to it! And I love this age when they are so easy going about stuff like this! Looks like your Jake had a great time too!

Anonymous said...

p.s. yea! for your excellent choice in music- I LOVE the RHCP! Woot!

Julee said...

Spirit week was the best!!! :) I love how Carter was all confused about when they were going to play golf. He is such a Q.T.!!! By the way I just noticed your other Yoga pose!! HOW DO YOU DO IT!!???? And what a perfect bod you have!!! Maybe I need to do some yoga too, but there is no way I could stretch like that!!! You are amazing girl!!!