5.07.2008

Jake the Snake and other Scout stuff

I'll just pause for a minute and allow the full effect of this picture to sink in. This would be my very worst nightmare - you would have to pay me sooo much money to sit in a tub and put snakes on me. But Jake the Snake loved this, even though his face looks a little concerned. The Cub Scouts were able to have a fun "Fear Factor" type party by Deb's Dragons and Other Misunderstood Creatures. They got to have a tarantula sit on their head, scorpions crawl up their arms, and do a relay race with Madagascar hissing cockroaches. The kids had a blast - we have the best Scout leaders! Not all of the kids in our family are such animal lovers though. When we went to pick Jake up, I brought Carter in with me. Brittany Roberts (one of my Beehives) came up to say hi while holding a snake and Carter ran away and hid behind me as fast as he could!! I can't blame him though. I had pretty much the same reaction and told Brittany she couldn't come close to me with that snake! Sorry Brittany, I'm a total wuss - but I'll take a "snakeless" hug any day!This is Jake getting his Bobcat at our last pack meeting. I think we're doing the cheer that he chose - which would explain the awesome faces we both have.
Getting my first of many pins - Dylan's getting a good look!
Jake doing a magic trick with Brother Sheppard, our Cub Master.
Our Pack Meetings are so cute - the theme this time was a magic show. Each boy that received an award got to go up and do a magic trick with Brother Sheppard. Jake is loving Scouts! Thanks for the pictures, Michelle!



6 comments:

Sally said...

EEEEEEEEEKKKKK! What in the world? I am with you on this one except you MUST be braver than I am just to allow such a thing. Snakes, Tarantulas, and Scorpions OH MY!

Amy said...

Jake certainly lived up to his name! I would do a tub full of snakes any day over a tub full of spiders. No money in the world would be worth that.

Erica said...

I agree with Amy! But still...I get the chills thinking about that! Yuck! Way to go Jake!

Julee said...

Oh my goodness!!! I don't think any amount of money would get me to do a tub full of any of those!!!! It gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it!!! GO JAKE!!!!

Jer and Cam said...

I agree, those boys have the best scout leaders!! We're so lucky! So sad that my Jake will be leaving the pack in a few weeks. He's had fun these past few months with Jake. Good thing their parents are friends so they will still have plenty of opportunities to hang out. Great job on the yoga class tonight btw! I think the girls had a great time!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome scout leaders! That's totally cool they did a fear factor theme- only one part is missing: there is always something gross and nasty they have to eat!