4.29.2008

A bunch of random stuff...

So first off, the YW don't usually cooperate well enough for me to take pictures but on this night they did! Here are the Mia Maids and Laurels in our ward at my house last Wednesday night working on making aprons for the Pioneer Trek that we're doing for Youth Conference this July. They are doing a really great job and are perfecting their sewing skills.
Veronica (in kitchen), Karlee, Xauntal, Kameron (stealing a hug from Dylan) and Kathryn
Kelsie - showing us her strawberry shortcake!
Ashley
Xauntal
On Saturday, after t-ball game rushing craziness, our ward had a Primary activity. It was a missionary day where the kids not only did things for the missionaries (they colored pictures and decorated an apron that said "Called to Serve) but they learned about what it's like to be a missionary. When they got there, they received their badges and then went to the chapel to be "trained." They were put into different groups and went to four different stations. In two of the stations, they learned from Brother Clegg who served in Italy and Brother Andersen who went to Russia. They taught the kids what is was like to serve a mission in that particular area. The third station was for coloring and apron decorating. The fourth station was in the kitchen where the kids prepared their own peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - a mission staple, I'm sure!
It was such a great activity - our Primary presidency rocks!

Jake trying out some Italian words
Dylan and Hayden coloring apronsSuch a grumpy missionary!


Dylan's obsessed with taking pictures right now so we let him snap this one of the parentals at the end of the activity. Say cheese Mom and Dad!

So then I decided to post these way cute pics of Carter because we are NOT having a way cute week. This child refuses to nap right now (I know, I'm not giving up, I try every day, blah, blah, blah) and he is utterly grouchy. He is crying and whining over every little thing. Anyone want to borrow an almost 3 year old? Come on, just for one day.
Oh, I know I would miss him terribly. Just look at this cute guy nearly all the way submerged in the bath. I was putting on my make-up and not paying a lot of attention and when I looked at him, here he was with his legs up and only a tiny bit of his face sticking out of the water. He was singing a little song and dumping water from a cup onto his legs. Funny little water baby!

We call this Nay Nay head. He's not playing peek-a-boo with me or anything like that. He just does this sometimes - plays with toys or looks at a book with his Nay Nay on his head.



17 comments:

Carrie said...

Fun stuff! First, I LOVE your new background! So great! Also, the missionary activity looks awesome! How cute that they got all dressed up in their missionary clothes too! And poor Carter. The nap is not a fun thing to eliminate...but I thought your mom said he was done with them a few months ago. Sean doesn't do one everyday anymore. So then when he should have one...he fights it. But if he sleeps everyday, then I have way too many issues at bedtime.

Carrie said...

Oh yea, there's almost nothing funnier than Carter in the bath! Seriously, he's HILARIOUS! I LOVE IT!

Erica said...

Cute Background is right! Your boys are way too cute for words. If I lived near by I would watch him and have Nugget keep him busy. Carter in general in water is hilarious. Love yo!

Amy said...

Nikki you've become such the blogger. I'm impressed. Keep up the good work. Peace!

-Mike

Sally said...

Wow that picture of Jake looks a lot like Dylan. I have never gotten them confused but that picture got me. I love the "mom & dad" picture. Cute to see how you look through Dylan's eyes.

Donette said...

Ya - Brady is doing the exact same whining and no napping. I keep thinking he is teething still or is sick or something - but haven't really found any of those things to be true - it's really wearing me down. It's dealing with this every single day that is really keeping me from becoming pregnant!:)
Primary activity sounded really fun - it makes me miss being in there!

Zoo Keeper said...

Love the pictures! It makes me miss it there too! I can't believe how grown up Carter is! It seems like yesterday that we moved! Can you believe it is almost two years? WOW! Miss you guys!

Jer and Cam said...

Love your background! Love the pics of our cute YW. You are an awesome leader. Jer said everyone had fun at basketball tonight (and that our kids were wild - glad they were there!).

Amy said...

My hubby made a comment, how cute! I realized today that I read your post but didn't make a comment. I know, bad sister. You really have been busy lately. It was fun to see all the girls in YW. I hope they are treating you well. That is a great primary activity. No harm in getting those boys prepared for missions early. I'm sorry Carter isn't nice right now. If it makes you feel any better, he really is cute! Can't WAIT to get these boys together again. Is it June yet?

Amy said...

PS. Love the yoga pose. That's incredible. How do you get out of that? Not to mention in!

nikki said...

In: Go from a backbend down to your head then get on your elbows and lift your head back up, pushing down through your shoulders. Then straighten your legs.
Out: Reverse.

Hee hee! :) Maybe you didn't want a play by play but I gave it to you anyways!

I love that your hubby made a comment! I love comments period - thanks for taking care of that for me!

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Looks like a fun YW activity! And the pictures you got at the Primary activity were really cute, thanks for spotlighting Hayden, he'll like that! I noticed you finished your Change of Heart book, was it really sad? I need a new book, I just recently finished The Almost Moon, from your list, I was surprised I really enjoyed it, what did you think?

Our Little Family said...

Hi Nikki,
Love your new background. Where did you get it? I am finding that I love to blog. Just haven't figured everything out yet. Yes, add me to your list and I will add you to mine.

Kendra said...

Your kids are so cute. Glad I'm not the only one having a tough week. We have been through strep & teething. I love Carter in the tub, and the fun things with the YM. Have a good weekend!

Julee said...

I love the picture of Carter in the tub!!! He is soooo cute!!! lol I'd take him anyday!!! :) I hope Brookie takes naps for forever!! I would die without them!! Also I love the primary activity pictures are so cute...I'm so glad they all loved it, I didn't really get to see any of it while I was there...I'm going to forward your Blog to Sarah...it will make here day!! :)
P.S. The YW are so cute! I bet they all just love you to death!

Anonymous said...

What a fun primary activity! I love the pixs of your boys in their ties- so handsome!(Even witha grumpy face :))) Where did Patrick serve his mission?

nikki said...

Patrick actually didn't get to serve one - he joined the church when he was 22 and we got married the next year. It makes him sad that he didn't get to go but we look forward to when our boys can serve.

I love them in their ties too - Dylan's grumpy face is sooo him!