4.10.2008

Will we make it to Kindergarten with this adorable face intact?

It's a good thing you can't see inside this child's mouth because it's just that nasty. I even took a picture of the injury so I could post it but I decided I wouldn't do that to you nice people.
This is Dylan not putting the ice on his mouth, like the doctor told him.

Oh look - there he goes!


So anyways, Dylan took a tumble at the park - fell on the stairs going up the play equipment, to be exact, and we had to make a little trip to urgent care. He shredded the inside of his lip pretty good and while I was fairly sure it wasn't bad enough to warrant stitches, he had a pretty good chunk out of the inside of his lip and really long hangy piece of lip skin that I thought the doctor should look at. Me and all my friends at the park weighed in with our thoughts and I decided to err on the side of caution and go to urgent care. He was super nervous but I told him not to worry until we knew what we were dealing with. Besides, at this point it had pretty much stopped bleeding so I was crossing my fingers for no stitches.


We had the best urgent care experience ever - even better than the time Jake had to get stitches and that experience was pretty quick and painless. The front desk lady took one look at the cutie with the mouth injury and bloody wipes pressed to it and whisked us right to a room. Dr. Foy came right in and after he looked at it said he did good, it wasn't too bad - he was only going to have to numb it up a little with some cream and then he was going to snip off the skin that was hanging down. The cream worked great, the snipping didn't hurt at all, we got our prescription for our antibiotic and we were on our way. We were so fast, the front desk lady was still checking on our insurance when I got out there. In and out in 15 minutes! I love Anthem Urgent Care!


So major trauma avoided, thank goodness. He has hamburger for a lip and doesn't want to eat but it could be sooo much worse. So I'm relieved. But the real question remains, when is he going to stop hitting his mouth? He has had at least 5 bleeding lip/teeth episodes in the last year. Thankfully, we just went to the dentist 2 weeks ago and his teeth look okay. But that was before this time! Ugh. Seriously, I'm beginning to think he needs to start going everywhere with a mouthguard.

9 comments:

Sally said...

Yay Anthem Urgent Care! Seriously I have only had 1 in 1250 experiences at urgent cares that turned out good and it was last week with the finger episode. I hope he feels better soon. Mouth injuries are the worst!

Zoo Keeper said...

Poor Dylan! Sorry to hear about his accident! I swear little boys are dangerous! I miss good doctors and urgent care facilities! So far we have not had very good experiences here in Vegas with doctors!

Carrie said...

Oh Dyl! Glad he's doing good now! I'm impressed it stopped bleeding. When Sean hit his mouth and almost bit through his lip, it bled forever! Is there a fattness of his lip? No external scrapes? Horray for teeth being intact and no chips! My kids don't like ice packs either - a bag of frozen peas is usually a preferred option, but not always (and not always in stock). So glad he's okay:)

Kendra said...

Poor Guy Nikki! Thanks for the Blurb link I love it it is sooo awesome. Have a good weekend.

nikki said...

It wasn't very fat yesterday but today it is REALLY puffy! He's a trouper though and already the inside looks way better. Any babies here today? I bet you're so done. Tell Kyle to hurry up - I need to see him!

Amy said...

Is this what I get to look forward to with my boys? Now that the weather is nice and we've been taking trips to the park, I know an injury is headed my way. He looks so sad in the one pic with the ice. I'm so glad he was brave and that your urgent care experience was literally quick and painless.

Amy said...

I just saw your comment. All I did was go to the author's website. Then you right click on the image and it will give you a buch of options. You want to save picture. Then you just go to page elements and put a picture in just like how you did with the other pictures on the right side of your blog. Easy as pie.

Donette said...

Holy cow - not fun. I can totally relate - I got hit in the mouth with a softball in highschool and ended up with 19 stitches. The mouth heals incredibly fast. Dylan is so brave about this stuff. I think Cole would have been hysterical. Good for him!

jewly said...

I don't know about the summers yet. They say it is very humind here. Good thing the pool is right behind us. I have decided you need to get Lisa to start a blog.