4.04.2008

Aunt Sara Comes to Arizona

Aunt Sara came to Arizona and we got her all to our own selves! It was so fun to see her - it had been way too long! Here's a cute pic of them that I snapped before Jake had to run off to school. We did a lot of fun things and enjoyed the sunshine. The first day of her stay, we did a little shopping and had some lunch. Dylan had school in the afternoon but Jake got to come home early. We also grilled outside for dinner and had a walk, enjoying the nice weather. She kept getting texts from her friends back in Seattle telling her how mad they were at her because it was snowing there and here she was in Arizona enjoying the spring! The next day, Aunt Sara was able to come to Jake's Pinewood Derby and cheer on the cool but slow i-Car. Between the Derby and Jake's Little League game, we took a drive out to Cave Creek and then had a yummy lunch/dinner at San Felipe Cantina in DC Ranch. This is the boys being cowboys in Cave Creek.
Jake and Dylan on the Gila Monster slide in Carefree at the Sundial Park.
We had fun watching Jake play baseball later that afternoon and the next day we had a relaxing Sunday together. Sara even kept the kids so we could go to our Pioneer Trek fireside. So nice!
But of course we took her to the park! We went there on her last day here. The animal fountains were on and Dylan and Carter had fun showing us how wet they could get in their clothes. I'm sad to see this shirt Carter is wearing because it got lost that day. Long story - but I took these wet clothes off of him when it was time to leave and put them in the storage compartment of his Hot Wheels because I didn't want to carry them. I forgot to get them out and later that night, Patrick took the kids to the park again to let Jake skateboard. Carter was riding his bike down the grassy hill by the skate park and must have dumped his clothes out at some point. Of course, Patrick didn't know that Carter had clothes in there and didn't know that they were ours - so they accidentally got left. By the time I had realized that I needed to get those clothes out to wash them, it was 2 days later. I looked at the park and I looked in the maintenance area's lost and found but they were gone. I even went back to Old Navy to see if they still had the same shirt so I could replace it but no, they were all gone. Is it weird that this traumatizes me so much? It's a $6 shirt, I know. But a cute one. Shorts too. Oh well.
Sara and the boys on the tramp.
We were sorry to see her go. She spoiled the boys so much and they loved every minute of it! It was so nice to visit and we hope to see all the Seattle fam soon - hopefully, this summer! We love you, Aunt Sara!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! Can you send some of that beautiful weather our way? We are still getting snow! GRRRR! P.s. did you try oldnavy.com for the cute outfit? Just a thought!

Carrie said...

yea for family visiting! We're currently having lots of Grandpa Scott fun! I feel your pain about the shirt too...there's only a limited amount of shirts out there for boys that are great, so that's a big bummer!

Erica said...

Fun! I think the one on one times are the best! And there is nothing more I love than those boys with staticy hair! I hate losing or ruining clothes too, so I understand. Even though they were cheap you still think of the "If I had only..."

Amy said...

You are getting quite good at blogging. HEY OH! Love that song. I'm so happy you get visitors so regularly. I wish we got as many as you! PA isn't as cool as AZ. I almost had a chance to come visit this weekend. I'll tell you about that later.

Amy said...

BTW
Did you make curtains?!

nikki said...

WHAT?! You were going to come to my house?! That's not nice to tease.

Nope, didn't make curtains. IKEA baby!

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Hey there, you are good at this blog thing. I do like your music picks...Shawn agrees. Good job. Thanks for the kind words the other day. When I turned in the ref. he told me I was offically certified, I wanted to tell him to at least read my ref. They were good, some of the nicest things ever said about me. So thanks, I owe ya!

Amy said...

Hey, now that I noticed Owen has the same shirt. So bummed you lost it! Our neighbor and his family were going to a wedding in PHX and he REALLY didn't want to go. So I said I would take his ticket and go and visit my sister. He said "OK!" but I guess he was joking or something. I was excited for like 5 minutes!

Amy said...

Hey, now that I noticed Owen has the same shirt. So bummed you lost it! Our neighbor and his family were going to a wedding in PHX and he REALLY didn't want to go. So I said I would take his ticket and go and visit my sister. He said "OK!" but I guess he was joking or something. I was excited for like 5 minutes!

nikki said...

I can't believe that Owen has that shirt! So unfair! At least he gets to be cute. I ended up getting the dark blue one - it's pretty cute but I like the green.

Rude that he was joking. Why in the world would he not want to come to Phoenix?! This is the best time of the year ever lol! 77 degrees today!

I love you!

Kendra said...

Of course you can add me to your list, I am honored. I love that everyone has blog's now it is so great to see everyone's kids outside of church!!!!! I miss you as my visiting teacher. I have no one that come's to see me know!!!!!