4.17.2008

The joys of food you don't have to cook...

Look at all this frozen yumminess! I am so happy to have these meals to pull out of the freezer and cook at a moment's notice. Well, I know you have to thaw them first!
The Cooking Club Girls!
Ashley (w/Payson), Allison (w/Jonathon), Mary (w/Ella), Nikki
Missing: Sally and Julee (who's out on maternity leave!)

Mary snapped another photo that had a better close-up of all the food.

So what our group does is make six of the same meal (1 of those is for your family) and then we meet at my house to make the exchange. I know other group's that have met to actually do the cooking together but we do our meals on our own. This is the third time we have exchanged meals and the variety this time is so awesome - beef strogonaff; chili lime chicken; meatball subs; slow-cooker orange chicken and lasagna!

Me and a group of friends were going to this great place called My Girlfriend's Kitchen where you go to their store and assemble all the meals you've selected. All the prep work was done by the staff and the food was wonderful! We loved it for quite a few months and then it just stopped working out as well. They raised their prices, changed their ordering system, and changed the way you received perks for hosting a party. I got frustrated and stopped going. Thanks to cute Sierra's good idea (who has since moved to California), we get to kind of have our own My Girlfriend's Kitchen experience! We miss you, Sierra and you too, Jewly!

Thanks girls, for all the great food - can't wait to try it!!

15 comments:

Sally said...

I love it! I wish that I could have been there. It's great food AND and a great reason to get together. Who needs MGFK! Thanks for including me. PS The prize for best cheer tonight goes to you guys HANDS DOWN! I was so completely entertained.

nikki said...

Only because Brielle is a spaz! Lol, I love her! No, I seriously loved your cheer and your capes are so cute. YW is so fun - I like seeing you there!

Yeah, we don't need MGFK. Next time you'll have to come to the exchange so we can hang out longer.

Julee said...

I just had to say that you made my whole day coming over, (and seeing my messy house...how embarrasing!!) and bringing by those meals from everyone!!! That was so sweet of you guys!!! You saved me from take out every night!!! lol You all are the best cooks in the world!! I can't wait for next time already!! :)

Eric and Sierra said...

I am so glad you are still doing this and enjoying it so much. I am a bit jealous but I'll have to start one here too one day. Thanks for the shout out on your blog, it is nice to be remembered!

Amy said...

What a fun idea. We do something out here called "Cooking Gals". We make a meal and copies of the recipes then we all get together and taste test everyone's food and get the recipe if we want it. It's true, it's a good way to get together and eat and socialize. Glad to see you have such cute and creative friends.

nikki said...

We used to do that kind of cooking gals thing with MOMS club in CA. It was so fun and I miss it a little too. The coordinator would choose a theme and then we would all cook something and bring the recipe. I remember loving the breakfast one, chocolate and of course, main dishes. Love you and hope you're doing good!

Kendra said...

Man you guys are soo creative. Wish I could be on the in crowd. Fabulous idea. I was inspired when Mary told me so I just do my own mini meals now. Looks like a blast.

Erica said...

I think that stuff is such a good idea for families. How fun having girlfriends close by!

jewly said...

I am so jealous, I used to be in that group. The food looks delicious, Mabey I will have to start one in TN.

Jer and Cam said...

You girls are so cute!! It looks like lots of yummy food!!
I got my picture of Jake and the snake from Jake Fischer. I took him home from Fear Factor and actually made him come in my house first so I could take it off his memory card because I knew I'd probably never get it any other way. Can you believe Jeanne did it too??? Much braver than I!
Love ya!

Donette said...

You girls are so ambitious! Looks fun! I miss having so many good friends around. We need to get together soon.

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to try MGFK, but I like your idea even better- except wait- that requires me cooking.... Hmmm. Well, maybe you would be kind enough to share your fav recipes with the rest of us! p.s. Yowzer! I love your yoga pictures. I can barely even touch my toes!

Zoo Keeper said...

Nikki- will you call me when you get a chance I want to know how you put this together! I need to do that here in Vegas!

Meghann said...

What a good idea. Looks like you ladies had a great time. I do miss MGFK only because I miss getting together.

Jessica said...

Oh Nikki, you girls are my heroes! I'm in awe.

Do you have any issues finding space in your freezer? Maybe if mine wasn't full of chicken nuggets and fudge pops... :o)