8.10.2009

a week in seattle (with basically no pics)

So this is the saddest post ever. Me and the boys went to Seattle a few days ahead of Patrick and I forgot the camera. He did a stellar job of remembering it for me and brought it when he joined us Thursday night. However, he didn't check to see if the battery was charged. There really was only enough juice for the pictures you see here.
Above is Jake, Patrick and Carter off Peg and Steve's deck at their new, stunning home in Redmond. They have a beautiful view of the trees and mountains and we spend a lot of time out here.
I don't have any pictures of our trip to Great Wolf Lodge which is a great family-friendly resort outside Seattle that has an indoor water park. A perfect place to ride out the record-breaking heat Seattle was experiencing. We didn't bring it, I swear. It was pretty crazy to experience 100 degree heat with most of the city not enjoying air conditioning. We thank Grandma and Grandpa for installing some in their house when they built it. So Great Wolf was a great place to hang out with Kim and the boys and Grandma. We got lots of water play time (and saw Austin turn into a swimmer boy before our very eyes), arcade time, buffet grub time and fun Magicquest game playing time. Kim and I enjoyed sleeping in while Grandma wrangled the boys in their room. Seriously - isn't that the nicest thing?
I don't have pictures of our fun BBQ at Aunt Kim's and Uncle Dave's where we informally celebrated Uncle Jim's retirement from Boeing. But you can visit Ashley's blog to see a little bit of our fun. Carter, Austin and Ava were adorable as all the uncles got them going with obstacles coarses, baseball and blanket pulling.
I don't have pictures of our day out on the lake for Seafair. We spent the day with Grandpa, Aunt Sara and her friend Ramey. The Moore's were busy at baseball (which we enjoyed the day before and would later that night) - Andrew had such a fun tournament team! The day on the lake was a great one. The weather was so warm that we all spent time in the lake - although I got teased for not going in farther than I had to to pee! What?! The water was still pretty darn cold in this girl's opinion. We had a great lunch out on the water and the Blue Angels were so awesome! So many times the planes were just right over our heads. Really a great show. Other than Patrick's back getting sunburned like crazy, it was a perfect day.
I do have pictures of our BBQ that night. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and then we fired up the fireplace to make s'mores. And then as only little boys can do, the whole got turned into this crazy Lord of the Flies-esque fire dance party! It was all over who was going to sacrifice the marshmallow.

Austin, D.J. and Andrew
Such great cousins and good friends to our boys. We miss them already!

Uncle Dave, Aunt Kim and Patrick wondering what the heck these crazy boys are up to.



Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Dave and Aunt Kim enjoying the grub.
Seattle in the summer is always the best. We love getting to be with family and enjoying each other. Grandpa and Grandma's house was so beautiful, comfortable and fun - they have a great loft upstairs for the kids to play games and do their thing. Grandpa even taught them how to play his Harley Davidson pinball. We loved staying with them. We love to visit the Burnett's and Moore's!! Thank you!! We love you!!




10 comments:

Erica said...

Hey at least you did a post! Sad that you don't have more pictures, I would have loved to see more of Seattle. That view is amazing. I am glad you had fun, but too bad you didn't escape the heat! I bet Jake loves having cousins his age since Dylan is his closest on our side. Now back to school!!!

jamie heaps said...

poo on the no pics, but i would have to agree, at least you got a post in. glad it was fun.

Ashley Bruggeman said...

It was great to see you guys--glad you had a fun trip!

Karen M. said...

Such a great view from the deck! I don't think of Seattle having those kinds of trees and all. I wish you did have more pictures as all I remember from my last visit was tall buildings. The boys look like they are having fun. So nice to have someone your age to play with! We'll have to work on that for Jake the next time you are here for summer.

Sarah said...

Sorry about your camera!! It sounds like you a had great summer vacation. We always have a fire a Grandpas in the summer too; its hot, but worth the smores.

Carrie said...

What a great view:) My Aunt lives either in Redmond or right by it...I forget which...what a coincadink. I've always wanted to visit her and never gotten a chance! Beautiful. Yay for the update. Sounds like lots of fun for everyone. Visiting with family is the best!

Sounds like you packed in lots of fun again! Good luck with the first day of school!

Mimi said...

You guys have had a busy summer. Sad it's coming to an end? I think you took the hot weather with you...hopefully they will invite you back next summer:)

Amy said...

Wow, you sure did a lot in 1 week! So sad about the camera, that is SO something I would do. What a cool house the Burnett's live in! Aren't those indoor water parks fun? We went to one in Erie and we had a real good time. Glad your a blogging girl again!

Jer and Cam said...

You have been quite the travelin family this summer! I too forgot my camera when we went camping in Ca! I hate it when that happens. My kids loved the campfire too, but our last night, Breanna was walking by it, and she tripped and her arm landed right on the fire pit. She has a pretty nasty burn. It was one of the scariest things I have ever seen happen to one of my kids(When I turned to see her falling towards the fire, I let out a very loud *#%@! for all of my in-laws to hear. Exit, my halo! I'm never living that one down!).

Donette said...

Wow - you guys have had such a full and fun summer! What a blast to spend so much time with family.