8.27.2009

carpet craziness



We got new carpet the Friday before school started. Hurray!! We had been wanting to do it for a couple of years and finally got the opportunity. It was fairly painless even though this picture of our master bedroom might lead you to believe otherwise.



This is the hallway mid-project. It took 3 guys 5 hours to complete.
Dylan and Carter's room

This is what our playroom looks like post-carpet. After having to take everything out, we decided to make some changes and get rid of some things. The kids are getting bigger and the playroom needed to serve different purposes. So we got rid of the big old couch and got these cute chairs.




We also re-configured the cabinets. I like how it looks more open and spacious and there is still lots of room to play.



Yep that's Carter's blond head playing the Wii. We were worried about only 2 chairs but they are big enough that 2 kids can sit on one easily.

I am crazy in love with this carpet. I love the color, I love the softness, I love how it's a little shaggier. I love how when you vacuum it, it actually looks like you did something. And it makes our whole house look fresher. Ah - that new carpet smell!

11 comments:

Erica said...

Wow! I didn't know you were doing this! How fun! And I know what you mean about making a huge difference in the way everything looks. And it is nice to get to go through things and really decide if you need them. The loft looks great now! So it will be the high school hang out! Well not that soon but maybe!

Carrie said...

YAY! It looks great! It's so true about that kind of carpet, it looks so great vacuumed...in fact, you want to vacuum for the satisfaction! Congrats! The loft looks awesome! It's fun to see parts of your house...since I only have ever gotten to see it just after you moved in and before you got to do all you wanted to it!

The Moore's said...

The new carpet looks great & I love what you did with the loft - those chairs look way cool!

Glad the boys are loving school - they look very handsome (as always!)

Aunt Kim

Amy said...

There is NOTHING like new carpet! That's awesome that you did that. Little things like that make such a difference. The loft looks great too. Where did you get such sleek, stream line, chairs? I wanna come visit!

Karen M. said...

It looks so good! I'm really jealous that they moved the furniture for you too. It's still quite a project. Happy vacuuming!

Lynnette said...

I'm so jealous! It looks great. New carpet is the best! It gives the whole house a fresh new look.

Paige said...

yes, love me some new carpet. I need some BAD. I have chairs just like those. What kawinky dink! Thats not how you spell that I am sure.

Mimi said...

It probably feels sorta like having a whole new house. Fresh carpet smell, yeah! Looks good and I love those chairs.

Camie said...

That first pic of your master bedroom is crazy! But what a difference from the last picture. Wow, five hours and voilla! Beautiful!! You are so lucky to have some fancy new threads!

Donette said...

Oh that is so awesome! Who doesn't just love new carpet! I'm jealous! It looks really good! I love the loft chairs - so hip and sleek! What fun for you guys!

Julee said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!!! I love the new smell of carpet and the freshness it brings!!! YEAH FOR YOU!!!! ;) And I love the toy room! So cute!