8.25.2009

school time!

Our first morning back to school was a relaxing one - Dad went to work late so we could take the kids to school as a family. The morning goes so smoothly with us running tag team! These are my handsome's in their back-to-school gear.
Jake is in 4th grade in Mrs. Hunt's class. 4th grade just feels like the big time. He really likes his teacher and knows some kids in his class. Mostly girls though, not his buddies. But that's okay - there's not really time for hanging out in class anyway. He will get to rotate through all the 4th grade teachers every day for math, writing and science. He is excited to learn science from Mrs. Hunt - his favorite subject!

Dylan's a first grader in Mrs. Davis' class. Initially we were a little disappointed that he didn't have Jake's old teacher but I am so happy with Mrs. Davis. Her teaching style is a great fit for us. Last night we did our first homework which was going over spelling words and reading for 10 minutes. This is the kind of homework I like - I am not a huge fan of busy work stuff .
Carter is back at Ms. Mechelle's this year and is so happy. He loves preschool so much and loves to learn and play there. Here he has taken ownership over his friend Kate who we go to church with. It was her first day of preschool and he was excited to show her the ropes. I am excited to see what new things he learns this year and can't believe we will shortly be on our way to kindergarten. Holy cow!
I'm excited for a new school year - I always feel like it such an fun time with all the possibilities for the upcoming year. It has been nice to get back to our routine, although I am missing the lazy days of summer. I'm sure when everything else gets added in (sports, Scouts, piano, etc.) I might be losing my mind but for now, it is so fun to welcome them back from school and to get to spend the afternoon together.
I miss summer but here's to a great year!




12 comments:

Carrie said...

They have gotten so old and handsome as always!

4th grade is wierd to even hear for Jake!

It's pretty neat how your school rotates the kids for different subjects with different teachers. I bet the teachers really get into those subjects they are responsible for. Just like older grades, makes sense!

Exciting times!

Cortney Clegg said...

Your guys look so studious and ready to attack 4th/1st/preschool! :) Back to school was always one of my favorite times of year as a kid. Looks like you got off to a great start!

Mimi said...

Back in a routine is kinda a drag. Lazy summer days have been fun. But hey all your boys in school at once. That leaves some very needed alone time, I'm sure!

Kendra said...

Your boys are so cute! We are loving life at Anthem, but I need to school grumpy's to end! Hope they have a great year!

Paige said...

I love the feeling of back to school. This is our first year of real school and I am Loooving it! We need to hit lunch one of these days. You know we like the same places!

Amy said...

I agree with you, even though I've been out of school for a long time, I always remember the excitement that comes from the new school year. Jake is too big! It's weird to think of him as a 4th grader. That's one of my most memorable years of school. Enjoy this while you can because it sounds like your family will be awfully busy here real soon.

Andrea said...

They sure are handsome boys! I hope you have a few hours while preschool is in session to get some things done too! Happy back to school!

jewly said...

What handsome boys! I can't believe how old they are getting. Sounds like it is going to be a great school year and everyone likes their teachers.

Erica said...

Such good looking boys! So fun to be back in school! Jake is too old and that is all there is to it! 4th grade is way old! And I absolutely love Carter with his arm around his friend! He is going to be so good with the girls! So, what will you been doing with this Nikki time?! I am excited for you! Maybe you need that other baby!

Karen M. said...

She said that and not me! You already know my vote! Those are some handsome boys, for sure! Jake is such a cute big boy. I hope fourth grade is good to him. Dylan's eyes have continued to grow and he is more handsome than ever. I would love to be a fly on the wall in his class and see him with his friends and teacher. Carter couldn't look anymore like Patrick, posed like him and everything. It's great to be back to school. Everything is new again and so many resolves to do it right. Enjoy this very special time!

Ashley Bruggeman said...

Such handsome boys! I know--I can't believe our little ones will be starting kindergarten next year...

Jer and Cam said...

Back to school means lunch is on! Yipee!!! I'm glad you still have the C man at home part of the time so we can take him and Luke to do some fun stuff. Your boys are sooo cute!!