3.12.2010

jake's day


A little miniature golf air guitar is always awesome.
This year, we are skipping out on the friend birthday's and I am loving our family nights. Jake chose to go to Chipotle and miniature golfing. As you can tell, our boys had a great time.

Jake was the winner, Dylan and Carter tied at 2nd, I was third and DAD was last!! Any time I can come in ahead of Patrick makes me do a little happy dance.


The way to Jake's heart is money! We celebrated on Sunday night since Patrick had to travel on Monday, Jake's real birthday day. We had a lasagna dinner and opened presents. Jake requested brownies and ice cream this year instead of cake.


Some new studly golfing duds from Grandma and Grandpa Motley. Excuse Carter's after-church attire. When your church gets out at 5, you come straight home to jammies.
This boy that made me a mother first is 10 years old! It's just way too weird. We are so lucky to have Jake in our family. He is a great mellowing influence on all of us - I appreciate how he takes everything in stride. Jake is such a good big brother to Dylan and Carter. He always helps them feel included and makes sure they have fun. The last couple of months with him have been so great. He has been so agreeable, talkative and fun to be around. I know this will be a fun year for Jake.
Happy birthday Jake-man! I love you!

12 comments:

Paige said...

Happy Birthday to one Handsome Dude. I love how you act like your 17 instead of ten!

Jer and Cam said...

Happy B-Day Jake! I think family parties are the best too!! I'm lovin that you beat Patrick at mini-golf. Always love the wife victories!!

Oh and welcome back to the world of posting!!! We've missed u!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jake.

You are smart, get the cash and skip out on the friend party!

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday!! I LOVE your mini golf picture!! AWESOME!

Erica said...

I am glad that you made a debut back into this crazy blogging world again! But I know it won't be for long. Well maybe for Patrick's birthday next week and then who knows! Wish I could have made your blog...just kidding. But not really.

Happy Birthday Jake! I hope that you are reading this! IWe had so much fun hanging out with you this last visit! You are such a good looking young man and are sure to be a heartbreaker! Love you!

Carrie said...

WoW! 10 years old for Jake! That is so crazy and fun. Jake is such a great first cousin ~ i think much like how he's a great biggest brother. We all love him so much! Looks like a fantastic family outing! Hilarious air guitar faces!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Jake! We haven't been mini golfing in soo long what a fun idea!

Karen M. said...

Hurray! Finally a blog post and its got such cute grandboy faces! I love how you described Jake as agreeable because that was the very word he used when setting a New Year's resolution on New Year's Day. Good job,Jake, staying true to your word! Love that 10 year old!

Ashley Bruggeman said...

What a great day--happy birthday to Jake!

Amy said...

Jake- you are so old I can't hardly stand it. You are such an awesome influence and example to your brothers.. and cousins! They all look up to you and want to be just like you! Happy Birthday!!!

Nikki- FINALLY!! Whoopee! Maybe you hate blogging now but we meaning "me" NEED them!! We miss y'all and need to see them and hear about what all you've been doing. I'm trying to make you feel guilty... is it working?

jamie heaps said...

i like the rocking out pic, just wish you would have jumped in on the action.
happy bday stud, you are one mellow fellow and one of these days im gunna get you to brake loose and spill all the goods to me, come on ill keep em a secret:)

Mary and Ryan said...

What a handsome well loved kid! Happy birthday! Im hoping you will start posting on more things than birthdays soon, I keep checking:)