1.25.2010

dylan's day

My Dylan dude is 7! How crazy is that?! We had a busy birthday day. I took him McDonald's for lunch at school and he requested doughnuts for his classroom treat. Patrick was able to leave work early and we went to Panda Express for orange chicken (Dylan's favorite!) and to see a movie. It was fun to be able to be together as a family. I am hoping to skip out on a friend party this year - no offense to his friends.
I made the cake and Patrick frosted and decorated. We got trick candles but they didn't work because you have to leave them lit for 1 minute before you blow them out.

This has been such a fun year with my Dyls. He has really grown up and matured a lot. What a fun boy he is and I love how he is caring and loving to his family and friends. He and Carter have turned into such good buddies and it is fun to see them play together more. I used to really worry about them and wonder if they would ever be friends! I love how he looks up to Jake and that they look out for each other at school. He has a great sense of humor and can always get us laughing. Our family would not be nearly as fun if not for our Dylan.
He fills my life with fun and happiness.

I love you buddy! Hope you have a great year!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Oh... what a sweet day and an even sweeter boy. I miss Dyls and the way he is so good to the little cousins. Can not believe he is 7 that is pure insanity. Love you Dylan, happy birthday!

Mary and Ryan said...

Must be something about the name, cuz that kid is sure handsome and a sweetheart too:) Happy Birthday Dylan!

JaMie HeApS said...

i think i feel in love with this kid the first time i met him. he sat next to me for like an hr playing with my baby and talking to me. what kid dose that? and still to this day grady has a tender spot in his heart and loves to play with him. we love you dylan and think you the cutest kindest 7 year old boy around.

Andrea said...

Happy birthday to Dylan and to you too! It looks like you had a nice dinner out. I love the girl and guy tables!

Paige said...

Happy Birthday Dylan....what a sweet handsome boy you are!

Ashley Bruggeman said...

Happy Birthday to Dylan! What a great birthday day--McDonald's, donuts, and Panda's? Now I am hungry!
What movie did he choose to see?

Carrie said...

7 years old! Crazy! That just sounds so old. Cute thoughts about Dyls! We love you!

Jer and Cam said...

You celebrate birthdays the right way!! Glad you were able to get out and do all of Dylan's favorite things! Happy B-day Dylan!! We love you!

Mimi said...

They grow up so fast! Birthdays spent with the family are the best ones. Oh and props to dad for decorating the cake!