3.21.2010

a nephew and some smarts

Could someone please teach me how to love my blog?! I swear I can't. I've been trying and trying and when my dad told me I was getting written out of his will, I thought I better try and put some posts together for him. We had some fun family visits in January and February. Chris and Lindsay came to a wedding in Phoenix in January and we said we would love to keep Hudson for the weekend while Georgia stayed with Grandma and Grandpa in Las Vegas. My kids were beside themselves.

This picture was taken right after his parents had to rush out the door. He was a little sad and nervous until we put a ball in his hands. What is it about little boys? That always solves everything.

I love this picture because this is all Hudson wanted to do for two days at our house. Dumped out all the cars and raced them down the skate ramp, over and over and over. Perfectly content!
I haven't gotten to spend a lot of one on one time with Hudson and I fell in love with him over this weekend. He quickly figured out I was the caretaker in the family and wanted me to do everything for him. And he called me "Nini" which just melted my heart.

Of course all the cousins had to have a bath together!! He was an angel all weekend and we didn't even think he missed his parents. But that was all over when Chris came to pick him up and then he wouldn't let his dad put him down! We're so glad that they let us keep him. It was a great time for me and my kids.

Then the Smart's came for a visit a few weeks later. They got to spend a really long time with us and it was great to get to be with just their little family. I fell all in love with Camryn too - she is fully of personality and super funny! My favorite is her "wow!"

We did lots of fun things - went to Desert Ridge, hiked Camelback, ate at In N Out and did some requisite hanging out. Uncle Ryan and Carter did a lot of this.





Camryn bunked in with Dylan and Carter a few nights. One morning I heard Dylan and was trying to keep him from waking her and this is what I found.


He said she was fussing so he was reading her a story. In her bed.
Erica was also able to do a shoe party at my house. She has a great set-up for her parties and it was a treat trying on loads of shoes. Anyone who is thinking of hosting needs to set one up!


Erica and I also met up at the McCormick-Stillman railroad park when she was staying down in Tempe for a few days. Camryn didn't know if she liked riding the train much but she learned to love the park and now likes digging in the dirt.

A little close-up of her enjoying the birds which she calls "caa-caa."


My brother's and sister's kids are angels (my siblings are pretty nice too) and it was fun to get to spend a little quality time with a couple of them. Please come and visit all the time!

7 comments:

Paige said...

I know you are such a great aunt...I love your genuine "need" to have them love you too and guess what...I know they do!

Jer and Cam said...

I think if you didn't have such great books to read (really liking hunger games)and being such a fab yoga instructor you would fall back in love with blogging. You just have too many fun things going on.
I love the pics of your niece and nephew! Mine live so far away I also feel like I don't even know them, so I'm glad you got some good bonding time in!

Cortney Clegg said...

Loved seeing all the fun family-togetherness! You really do have VERY cute nieces & nephews. I think my favorite pics were the cousins in the tub & Dylan reading to Camryn...how sweet!
I always love to check and see what you're reading- I've actually gotten a few book recommendations from there! I just finished the Mortal Instrument Books...soooo good.

Carrie said...

Totally cute niece and nephew! Lucky you with fun visits! We want you to like your blogs again! We need to see cute boys in baseball uniforms! And that Lasagna recipe is one of our new favs! We miss you in the blogosphere:)

Erica said...

Blogs are totally annoying and super annoying to keep up on. But they are necessary when family does not live close by. I am very impressed though that you posted about Hudson's visit and ours! We had such a good time with you guys and Camryn was beside herself. Not to mention Nuggies! We will definitely have to do this again soon! I am glad you got a picture of Dylan reading to Camryn. Those are the cutest little moments with cousins! Next up I want to see a blog post for Patrick's B-day and Peg and Steve's visit. Get on it.

jamie heaps said...

serously could you get on the bloggin:) youhave been a busy women but then whats new. glad you have had some fun visitors, nothin like sister time.

Sarah said...

I think you are definately the favortie Aunt!! so much fun. I was so excited to work out with you tonight...maybe next time ?:)