11.04.2008

Happy Halloween!
We had a great day (or should I say days) and hope you did too.


We had parties o'plenty. Each of the boys had one at school that I was able to go to.

Jake is the mummy! The moms helping in the classroom got to vote - Jake's group was the funniest.
Dylan and I made a toliet paper pumpkin. They are really easy and cute. He thought it was super cozy and so he's giving it a hug.


Carter and Miss Mechelle. Yes - I know I did his mustache better for his party day than for trick or treating. I'm a dork.

And for the biggest surprise of the year...


The boys actually touched pumpkin guts and helped carve their own pumpkins!
This must mean my kids are getting big. Weird.
Jake making his "whack o'lantern" with golf tees and a hammer.

And last but not least - our trick or treating crew! Thanks Riley and Jon for hosting again!


The kids were totally into it this year and didn't get tired out until we were way loaded down with candy. They are so nice to work so hard to get me treats. What?! I promise I share.
We sure had a fun holiday - can't wait until next year!


13 comments:

Carrie said...

Wahoo! So glad you posted...so far it's made the evening a bit better...now let's just keep 8 holding strong...

Back to you guys...So cute...sad I can't make the pictures bigger!

I so did not hear Carter was going to be Capt. Hook! So sad because I have the feathers...which is wierd because it was somehow sent back once..after the post-Halloween exchange..?? I would have sent it...didn't know! I thought I heard Batman. :(

The parties look hecka fun...I don't usually say that...it just came out. funny:)

I like the mummy and Dyl's pumpkin.

And Fall festivals might be one of the cutest / quaintest things ever. Some of my favorite younger memories are the Harvest Festival we had in So. Cal. Scott and I used to go to one in Vegas too. I feel your pain Patrick! I've totally puked on spinning rides...it's been a while, but not a good idea.

Love you!

oh yea...trick-or-treating would be SOOOOO FUN together...but how would we pull that off?

Amy said...

The boys look so cute in their costumes. I like Jake's, he looks so old! I like creative costumes. Looks like you've been living it up with all the Halloween activities. Can't wait to see you guys!

Sally said...

Carter's mustache is cracking me up. What cute boys! So where's the picture of your costume?

Cortney Clegg said...

I'm getting so many boy costume ideas- your guys looked GREAT! (I am just in love with Carter's mustache. haha!) I love how you got words onto your pictures too- it looks so cool! How did you do that?? I think it must be a mom thing to eat your kids candy- my mom would wait until we left for school and then raid our treat bags...I look forward to doing the exact same thing! :)

Elder Tyler Mumford said...

Halloween was so much fun! I wish we could do it again this weekend! :)

Erica said...

Love how Jake's costume turned out! They all look so dang cute! And I'm with you on the eating kids candy...you did all the work for the costumes, I think it is only fair!

jewly said...

Cute costumes and fun parties.

Lynnette said...

What cute boys! How did you write on the pictures like that? That's awesome that they didn't get tired out too easily. Hopefully that will be the case for us next year!

nikki said...

Check out picnik.com for writing on the pics. They walk you through all the steps! Thanks to Carrie who first clued me in!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say your boys costumes rock?? I loved all of them. I have to know how Dylan did that pumpkin too! It looked adorable! You guys know how to do Halloween in style! Love your cute background too!

Sarah said...

Awsome costumes! I love all the pumpkins esp the toilet paper one -what a cute idea! We love carving pumpkins - well the girls take out the guts and Jamie carves. Halloween is so fun!

Jessica said...

Carter makes such a cute pirate, especially with his blonde, blonde hair! All your boys look great in their costumes!

Shantel Palmer said...

Great costumes - your boys are all so cute. It was nice catching up with you a few weeks ago. Thanks again for the delicious muffins - I barely got a couple bites since Izzie polished them off rather quickly!