10.21.2008

A 50's Dance for Kindergarten

Is this not the best way to celebrate the 50th day of kindergarten?! Dylan was all into making sure he was dressed up like the perfect "greaser" - down to the rolled-up jeans and slicked back hair. All the kindergartners got together the last half hour of school for their 50's dance.

Dylan waiting for instructions. Why doesn't he sit this quietly at home?Come on, baby! Let's do the twist! This was my favorite dance - he was so into it. He said his favorite was the stroll. That's the one where you dance slowly down the aisle of kids with a girl! Is this an indication of what's to come in the future? Oh my.
Dylan with his best buddy Griffin. These two are so funny! They are so similar in personality - sometimes I wonder how they get along so well but they sure have fun together. They just take turns being in charge. Kindergarten at Anthem is seriously awesome and I love how much Dylan loves it!


14 comments:

Kendra said...

Too cute. Dylan is going to be a ladies man. Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

lock him up now!

I love the idea... how fun

Karen M. said...

How cute and grown up does he have to look? That first picture captures a look that is very similar to his mom. He's looking more and more like you every day. I love your school too!

Carrie said...

That is sooo cute! Fabulous Idea! Man, I wish every teacher for every grade would share their best ideas and then they all do the best of the best!

Dyl looks adorable!

p.s. for script on photos - check out picnik.com then go to create...isn't it so cool? You don't even need to register...and it saves it to your computer when you are done...not their site. It's super easy. There are all sorts of effects you can do! I can't wait to play with it more!

Mimi said...

SO CUTE! I love the 'greaser' outfit. Also great idea.

Amy said...

I'm sorry but you were taking pictures of the wrong boy. No was is that Dylan! He's too old! So cute I can't stand it. I can't wait to be a school mom and see all my kids do fun things.

Sally said...

What an awesome idea. He looks so cute...I mean cool!

jewly said...

What a handsome boy. That looks like so much fun. We are teaching the youth swing dance tonight for mutual. Hopefully they get into it like those kids.

Unknown said...

What a suavy little man. :) I like the slicked back hair.

Anonymous said...

Hey what works for kindergarten could work for the ward....do I see an upcoming 50's activity in our future?? If only we could be as cute as Dylan.

Our Little Family said...

Dylan is so cute. What a great idea for the 50th day of school. If they do this much for the 50th what on earth do they have planned for the 100th?? Can't wait to see!!!

Zoo Keeper said...

Stop telling me all of your fabulous things about your Kindergarten! OURS is HORRIBLE!! Okay not horrible....but not even close to GREAT!! Dylan you are so cute!! Kenady is jealous about Jake's golfing! We went to register for the tournaments here and they are all on SUNDAYS!!! Too bad! miss ya!

Sarah said...

We do have a great school. I just can't get enough of Dylan! He's such a cutie and so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm digging the greaser hair!