5.03.2010

ma and pa


Look at my cute parents who came to visit!! It had been such a long time since they had been to our house and we had a great time hosting them. It was a quick weekend trip but we packed it in.

We made time on Saturday evening for an adventure in Old Town Scottsdale and a little Mexican food al fresco.





Couldn't resist this picture of Carter who might be the best "playing-while-sick" soccer player we know. He could not be encouraged to sit and simply cheer on his team. And even a goal to show for it! You could tell by his face he didn't feel great but it was so cute to see him play.





Grandpa knows how to get those boys giggling! I love how they always just pick up where they left off with Grandma and Grandpa - like they see them every week. Oh how I wish we did!





Dylan in all his darling freckle face glory. Grandpa has all his baseball pictures in his camera - hopefully I'll steal a few here soon. G and G were impressed with this boy's focus while playing in his game. He even got himself an awesome scraped elbow diving for a ball. He was disappointed he didn't get to show them a dive catch, his favorite thing to do.




I don't know if my parents had ever gotten the chance to see my kids play in some games so it was the main reason for them coming out for a visit. Here are a couple of pics of Jake's game. Can you see the ball going out towards short-stop?


Jake looking focused out in center field. Definitely a disappointing game (seriously the toughest one his team had played all season) with no action for Jake in the field but G and G got to see him lead off, even if his 3 hits didn't get him on base (it's a bummer when the other team plays good D).


On Friday while the kids were at school we enjoyed my Dad's best lunch ever at P.F. Chang's and they picked us up some fun stuff at Lowe's for the house (thanks guys!)

And no weekend would be complete without some Sunday scripture stories with Grandma...


...and a homemade backyard pinata with Grandpa.





It was such a treat to have you, we all love you so much. See you this summer!

13 comments:

Carrie said...

Aww! How we wish we lived closer to you too! I'd love to see the Dyls do a dive catch. How cute! Soo glad Jake has striped pants! Most the Yankee teams I see found them too and I just think they are crazy adorable! I'd wondered when I heard Jake got to be a Yankee! Don't you love your mom's coat? Good job for getting a G&G shot! Oh and the grandpa pinata! What a guy huh! So glad you guys got to have a fun visit! I want to visit too! Why is life so busy and stuff?

Paige said...

What a fun weekend...parents are the best. In small doses!

Elder Tyler Mumford said...

What a fun weekend! Wouldn't it be nice to live by parents?

Unknown said...

Can I borrow your parents?

Ryan Smart said...

I have to comment on the facial expressions during "scripture time". That is classic--I still have Jake's expression when I read them. We are heading up to Granite Bay tomorrow--Grandparents are great! We can't wait to unleash our little beast on them.

Erica said...

oh this gets me SO excited for my visit this week! We have the best parents! And way to go getting this post up so quick! I have found myself looking at your friends blogs to keep up on what you are doing!

Jer and Cam said...

I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed your Dad's testimony...we talked about some of the things he said in FHE and it turns out Jake was actually listening and even remembered a lot of what he said:) I can see why you say your dad is so great with kids.
So sad I didn't get to talk to your mom, but they just need to stay longer next time!

Amy said...

Oh man, that looks like so much fun! We really do have the best parents. I love how you said it's just like resuming right where things left off. That's how I feel! I want to come visit you!!!!! SO BAD!!! Pretty soon.

Scott said...

My question is what's a Yankee doing wearing a Red Sox hat? Or should I say, the Booooo Sox. I need to have a talk with him... the Red Sox, your killing me Jake!

I LOVE BASEBALL!

~Scott

Karen M. said...

What a fun weekend! I would love to do this each weekend like the boys suggested. If we just had a bit more money to buy airline tickets! Ryan, the kids were really listening to the scripture story plus they knew all the answers. How can you not love the story of Abinidi? Stinkin' cute kids-great parents!

JaMie HeApS said...

a new post... hot dog. looks like a fun weekend, im loving the home made pinyata. we missed you how ever.

Brittany Roberts said...

AW your boys are so flippin adorable!! we went to tristan's boy scout thingy tonight, and there were two boys who looked IDENTICAl to jake and dylan!! i almost started crying; i miss you guys sooooo much! I LOVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!

Mimi said...

I see athletic scholarships in your future! Nik- your boys are so handsome!!