12.03.2009

camelback mountain 2.0


We made it to the top this year!! We decided to walk off some Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday afternoon and hike busy Camelback Mountain. It was a fun time and our kids are serious troopers.

Carter's doing the "monkey walk." So much of this hike is doing just this. Next time, I may bring gloves because you use your hands a ton and they get all ouchy from the rock.



The mountain has all sorts of cool caves and outcroppings. Dad lifted Dylan into this one.


Of course all the boys had to do the scary walk of death that freaks the crap out of me. And all the people walking by me were wondering out loud what kind of parents would let their kids go off the trail like this. Patrick says it's no big deal but as you can see, I passed it up. Look at the valley on the other side of the mountain!




We made it! Gorgeous views and a gorgeous day.



Enjoying some pb&j and BBQ chips at the top for lunch.





Dad took the big boys up to a cool cave on the way down that was a little too dangerous for Carter. I sat with him while he cried about it.
Loved hiking the day away! See ya next year, Camelback.

11 comments:

Jer and Cam said...

OOhhh next year we're in! I think Luke might be able to at least try it next year...And if there's PB&J with BBQ chips at the top, even I could make it! The view looks incredible!!

Amy said...

Good idea to hike off your dinner. It looks like a fun yet challenging hike... with BEAUTIFUL views. Good job boys! Carter... doens't it stink to be too little:(

jamie heaps said...

what a blast me and matt are so wanting to do that, next time you athlet watson go i want an invite. tears smears i've seen that kid run like no other:)

wheres the fancy dress up pics... IM WAITING

Ashley Bruggeman said...

WOW! You guys are adventurous--what a great tradition.

Karen M. said...

Hurray! You made it to the top this time! You all probably would have last year if dad and I hadn't slowed you down. I'm with you on that crazy flat incline-glad I didn't have to watch my grandsons do it and wonder how their parents let them. It's pretty great that you are a hiking family!

Cortney Clegg said...

What a neat tradition! How cool that all your boys are such good climbers!

Carrie said...

Love your hiking boys! Go Carter!!! Very impressive. I wanna come visit you guys!

Sarah said...

I wish we knew! We go every Christmas and hike Camelback, but we won't be here this year. We'll have to think of another time. Looks like you have bunch of great hikers in the fam - so much fun!

Unknown said...

wow, you totally make me look like a slug. Awesome job boys!

Paige said...

I need to do that...wait did I just say that?

Mimi said...

Some really great pictures! Beautiful views!Poor CArter, maybe next year.