11.08.2009

fall sports

I never pictured myself as a "boy" mom. I always thought I'd be at the ballet studio with my daughters, buying tights and pointe shoes. But here I am, me and my sons - and I gotta tell you, being a boy mom suits me just fine! I love going out to the baseball and soccer fields and watching my kids have the time of their lives. My boys just go for it and give it their all - I learn a lot from their confidence and ability to have fun.
Carter is old enough for soccer this year and he is thrilled. I wouldn't have put him in normally (our schedule is crazy enough) but he totally begged. No lie, he asks every day if it is soccer practice.

Carter loves to run! And he always says he scored 5 goals, no matter if he did or didn't.

Who knew Dylan would wear his hat like Papa? I get a kick out of seeing it. I like his "ready position" too. He does such a good job of paying attention when he's on the field.

It's his first season of coach-pitch and he has a pretty good little swing. He is having a lot of fun and learning more about the game.


Waiting to run after a great base hit. Love that cute little face!


Jake is on the mound! I have got to say it is the most nerve-racking thing in the world. Makes me have a stomachache. With fall baseball, it is more of an instructional league so the kids get more of an opportunity to try new positions and learn new skills. We lucked out and got the same coach as spring and he is learning lots. He is also playing short stop which is his absolute fave.


Jake in motion! I thought this picture was cool.
Jake is also playing flag football and having fun at that. I will try to get some pictures this week so you can see what that looks like.

Yep, I am one proud mama and I'm loving this sport stuff all the way!

17 comments:

Paige said...

I can just see you on the field all nervous like. Cute Cute Boys I tell ya!

Carrie said...

Oh the Carter soccer cuteness! Lucky boy! They are all cute...but fun to see Carter's first sports team! I agree that being a mom of boys is fun, who would have guessed we'd each have three in a row!?! I can't imagine your crazy schedule this season, but sounds like lots of fun! Wish we could come watch those guys play! I'm interested in how Jake's flag football team is going...Ryan is already asking to play football.

Jer and Cam said...

Those pictures are so great, Nikki! Love the one of Jake pitching. How cool is that???

You are one dedicated mama!

Amy said...

I think we all pictured you with your girls in a ballet studio! We certainly didn't expect 3 boys in a row either. I'm glad you are liking all the sports. I think no matter what the gender, you would enjoy watching your kids do what they love to do, having fun and being SO proud of them. Good job for letting them ALL participate (exhausting I bet). Love you boys!

Scott said...

Funny "Papa's hat" reference... one of the great inside, family jokes... though Dylan's is not quite as bad... Papa's was barely on his head... funny!

~Scott

Ashley Elizabeth said...

So fun, you are one busy Momma! You are such an amazing boys Mom! I love all the pictures, that one of Jake in motion is awesome. I totally understand what you are saying about being nervous just watching! It looks like the boys are just having fun though!!

JaMie HeApS said...

gotta love boys and three i think just might be the magical number. im glad your a proud mama and good reason if the rest are anything like carter and his soccar skills then your set!!!

Lynnette said...

Boys are great, huh?!? Greg told me about how he saw you at the ball park, and how nervous you were watching Jake pitch. How great to see your boys having fun and doing so well!

Erica said...

These are the cutest boys I have ever seen! I love how into it they all get! Those faces of Dylan's are the best! What a cute little baseball player! I want to see them play so bad!

Ashley Bruggeman said...

I love seeing the boys in action! It doesn't surprise me that your boys are so athletic considering their parents...
Carter is sooo cute running around on the soccer field. I can't wait to get Ava into shin pads and cleats!

Sarah said...

What great pictures!

Karen M. said...

This is all too cute and fun and I'm missing all of it! I like that you enjoy your life with boys-they are such fun ones to boot. You've been getting such great shots-I love your new camera!

Mary and Ryan said...

Being a boy mom rocks! I can't wait to be going to all the games. Your boys are cuties:)

Mimi said...

Looks like you are the "perfect" boy mom! They gotta love all that support you give them. "fall" sports...everyone is in t-shirts and shorts.

Unknown said...

You can still have that girl! Carter is all set to be a big brother.

Good job with your boys!

Cortney Clegg said...

I used to LOVE drivinng by the park and seeing all the little boys in their cute uniforms, playin sports. Your guys are so cute & so busy! Wow! LOVE thoe pics you took of Dylan- super cool!

Julee said...

You are such a good mommy to those boys!!! Seeing all of your pictures is making me excited for a little boy! lol :)