4.29.2009

Grandma Burnett



Not too many pictures of our fun visit from Grandma - she doesn't cooperate with them all that well. Wouldn't you think I would get my kids haircuts before she came?
It had been way too long since she has been able to come out our way for a visit. We are so glad that our family is in better shape this year. We felt really bad that the weather heated up just in time for her visit (and cooled back down after she left) but I think she managed okay (and was probably super glad to return home to much milder temps in Seattle).
The boys and I loved having Grandma all too ourselves. We ate way too much food (at P.F. Chang's specifically but that was just me and Peg!) and had lots of good talks. Peg was able to see 2 of Jake's games and go to his science fair. We took Carter to the splash pad (a whole other set of photos to follow) and when he got the shirt he was wearing wet, he was thrilled when Grandma bought him a new yellow shirt. His favorite color!! Dylan had fun making Grandma nervous with his trampoline skills - he has perfected his back flip and his basketball hoop hang.
We love our grandma. She is so generous and kind. And my goodness did she raise an amazing man! We cannot wait for our visit this summer.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Well hello Miss Blog Lacker! You can't use the no camera excuse anymore. Love all your kids' faces in that pic (esp Cartier!) Sounds like you had a great visit. I love when we get visitors too.. especially when it's one on one. See you soon, yay!

Ashley Bruggeman said...

Glad you had a fun trip with Gma B!

Carrie said...

Yay! I've been missing you...and wondering about the games and all else you've been up to! I thought maybe I'd get to see some Mother's Day posts, but haven't seen much of those this year...bummer...even though I ahven't done one.

I didn't even know you got to have a fun visit! How nice! What did Jake do for the science fair? I loved those!

Paige said...

Thanks for the comment. You can for sure add my blog to your list. I will do the same.

Karen M. said...

What cute boys-hair and all! It would be so fun to see games and the science fair. I'm feeling pretty jealous. I would agree with the raising of an amazing man comment-can't wait for you to come to my house. It's so soon!

nikki said...

Sorry all my fun family readers! Did I forget to tell you that our computer was sick and in the hospital for a week? And that before the hospital it was too messed up to blog?

Believe me I have tons and tons to post about! I'll get on it soon.

Sarah said...

Grandma visits are so much fun! Especially when the come and get join the kids in their everyday activities and play time.

Julee said...

What a fun visit!!! Grandmas are the best!!!!

Erica said...

I hadn't even seen this post! Cool back flipper! I want to see a video of that! And pictures of the water pad! Fun visit!