8.18.2008

baby carter at...preschool?!

Yes, it's true! The baby of the Watson family is off to preschool! I apologize in advance for the lack of good pictures of Carter-y. It is seriously impossible to take a good picture of a 3 yr. old. Too wiggly and too silly - his brother's have taught him to make faces for the camera! Here's Carter walking up to Ms. Mechelle's front door and is an example of a wiggly picture since he was so anxious to go inside! Ms. Mechelle was Dylan's preschool teacher and Carter is so excited that it is finally his turn! Such an easy transition when your teacher already knows your kids and your family.
Sorry for the poor quality but I'm hoping you can see his cute little smile. His favorite thing to play is with the tools or the kitchen
Carter and Ms. Mechelle - an example of a silly picture! But I love how he just climbs right in his teacher's lap already!! I love Mechelle and her preschool and I'm so excited for Carter to learn and try new things. And I'm not gonna lie - I'm a little excited about having 9 hours a week to myself! I've been busy already, cleaning out and organizing all the kids' rooms, the office, etc. I will miss him but we are both enjoying having the rest of the time to play together. I have so enjoyed having him home by himself while his brother's are at school - we've never had that kind of alone time before! I think he's also secretly enjoying having no one home to tell him what to do - well, except me, of course! I love my easy-going baby guy and can't believe how fast this day has come!

19 comments:

Brittany said...

Hey! I added you to my blog. My blog is utahsheldon.blogspot.com

TTYL!

ps Cater is ADORABLE!!!!

nikki said...

Hey Brittany - it looks like your blog is private! Do you want to e-mail me an invitation?

I'm at patnikwatson@hotmail.com.

Karen M. said...

How cute he looks and so grown up! He will be a good preschool boy, I'm sure. I'm loving your nine hours of alone time. Pretty great!

Donette said...

Oh what a sweet little man! I'm jealous of your ALONE time and the fact that you still get Miss Mechelle for preschool. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks! You better not dog us!

Erica said...

Carter is so cute! He has such a mischievous little smile! How fun for you to have some alone time. What are you going to do when they are all in school? You need another baby!

Carrie said...

How crazy. It does seem like yesterday when we'd call him baby Carter! What a cutie!

Sally said...

These kids grow way to fast. Olivia is even going to do 2 days of pre-school at Amy's! I love the silly face with his teacher...what a cutie.

Amy said...

9 hours a week to yourself! I wouldn't even know where to begin! It must feel weird I would think, to have an empty house. But oh, I think you'll get used to it!

Lynnette said...

I can't imagine 9 hours to just myself! Someday! Carter is so cute! I'm glad you are both enjoying yourselves!

Anonymous said...

Hi nikki,
I was told you had a blog. We added you to ours.
henrie7.blogspot.com
We miss you guys.

nikki said...

Hey Melissa! I would have left you a comment but I see that you don't have them! :) How fun to see your family and how big everyone is getting! We miss you guys too!

I added you on my blog too!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed my "Jackson only" time last year too. We would go on lunch dates, shopping, and just hang together. Sigh. They just get so big when you aren't quite ready for it...!

Mimi said...

It's hard to believe the babies grow up. It's sad they are off to school but nice to have time to yourself. Hey just realized we babies the same age. We were prego at the same time. I am really happy we reconnected and can stay in touch through blogging.

jewly said...

Congratulations! Cute pictures of Carter. Preschool is the best. It is hard to be sad when they go because We look forward to the alone time. Saige went today and I cleaned the house and swept out the garage. It is amazing how much gets done with Saige in school and Savannah napping.

Sarah said...

Nikki, Your boys are too cute! It's fun to see you at Kindergarten now. Love your blog :)

Alicia said...

Wow, what a big kid!

Julee said...

WOW PRESCHOOL!!! YEAH!!! Many fun hours ahead for mommy too I'm sure!!

Jer and Cam said...

I think Carter was Luke's age when we moved here...that went waaay too fast! Such a cute little big man now!

Jessica said...

He is such a cutie. Enjoy that personal time -- much deserved!

Brynn's going to be in preschool one day a week for just three hours and I think we're both going to love it!