7.01.2008

Lots of summer fun...

Happy summer to you all! It's stinkin' hot here but we're doing our best to keep cool and have fun. It's really hard to blog when you're at the community pool for 4 hours a day - so now you know where I've been! Here's Jake, Dylan and Carter in our backyard with Jake's new awesome skimboard slip-n-slide (birthday money still!). So much cooler than a regular slip-n-slide...you can see Jake has mastered it.Yeah baby!

Dylan and Carter prefer the old way of sliding on your belly... Jake was super nice to share his toy. Dad, on the other hand, is not enjoying the way the grass looks now.
This is Dylan's first high dive jump of the year! He does not love it but will do it for candy.

I debated about posting these next pictures since this incident is not the highlight of my summer. But I thought, if anything - it will make you feel better about the kind of day you're having. You would think that having three boys would make messes like these a regular occurance. Thank heavens they're not! Carter took it upon himself to deliver us our first mess of this caliber. I was upstairs getting ready for the day when Jake and Dylan ran upstairs and told me that Carter decided he needed more syrup on his waffle. The syrup was in the pantry with the lid on it, in case you think that my negligence caused this mess.

This is what an entire Costco-sized bottle of syrup looks like on Carter and on my table and floor.
He looks proud of himself, doesn't he?
This picture gives you a great idea of how thick the layer of syrup was.

Ah joy. I was so glad I hadn't taken a shower yet because an hour later, after the mess was cleaned up (sort of - I probably mopped the floor every day for a week trying to get rid of the residual stickiness) - my hair was all coated with syrup. See, I had to get under the table and pull apart the leaves to get all in the table and stuff. Sigh.

We've done some other fun stuff though, thank goodness. Patrick's work took all the employees to a Diamondback's game and we had a blast. Maybe it was all that free food but it definitely was one of the most fun times I've had at the baseball game. All the kids got to wear Bell Automotive shirts that his company provided. I thought they looked super cute.

Cutey bug Carter
Take me out to the ball game!
Patrick and the boys and a couple of Shannon Wilson's girl's (Patrick's friend and coworker), being silly as usual.

Carter was so cute that night - I think he was trying to make up for the syrup fiasco.
I love this picture of my boys in the hats they gave us at the game that night. They were way ahead of me (as usual) but seeing them all together like this just made my heart melt.
And finally, Carter-y had his 3rd birthday! I know, I can't believe it either. All he wanted for his birthday was cake. I feel bad that it wasn't more special looking but it sure was tasty. We had the Mumford's and the Smith's over for a BBQ and a little party.
See how excited he is?!
He did a great job of blowing out his candles but I think sitting on the island was his favorite part.
Yum! He ate two pieces and made a huge mess. He's getting really good at that.

Here he is opening some presents. His friends were so sweet!

Okay, a golf set is cool! Maybe I don't only want cake.

I found this adorable picture of Carter at about 4 months old. I can't believe how big he is already and I miss this little baby guy. He was such a good baby and was so easy and sweet. Despite the mischief he sometimes gets himself into, he is still so easy and sweet. He is always happy and just loves his big brothers. He is also daddy's boy and you can count on him to bowl Patrick over when he comes in the door from work. He is still a little cuddle bug and I love that he'll still let me hold him sometimes. I love you, Carter Cutey Bug, and can't wait to see what this year brings!








21 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun filled summer so far and it's only half way through. Lucky you to be able to spend 4 hours at the pool every day. That's like my dream. And Happy Birthday to Carter-y! Are you sure he's 3? Love the picture of hiim at 4 mo. What a cutie! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

oh the mess! Bless you!

Donette said...

That sticky number looked real fun - bless you for cleaning up!
Wow! Carter is totally looking so grown up! He's definitely one of the big boys now = even though I know you don't want him to be! Looks like you guys are having a fun summer - hope you can fit us into your busy schedule soon!;)

Carrie said...

Oh my! So much to comment on! How to remember it all! First off, that picture of carter is the BEST! Back in the day of no blogs and you never sharing your pictures!!! We missed SOOOO much! I don't remember him in that stage at all because we weren't there! Sad.

I'm glad you posted the syrup episode. Yikes! Must document it though...you'll be glad in 20 years when you have proof!

Oh yea...Jake! I'm so glad you got that skim board slip n slide! Seriously, I found that and wanted to get it for Ryan for his birthday SOOO BAD! That is one of the coolest toys I've ever seen! Scott vetoed it saying our kids were still too young and wouldn't be able to do it. So it better still be around in a few years because it looks so great. Hopefully you are having fun with it!

Your community pool is awesome and I'm glad you are willing to leave it for a while so we can have pool parties at Grandma's! We are way excited to see you!

Let the party begin! (after we finish packing - argh)

p.s. you make me laugh when I read your posts. I can hear you talking and I love it.

Daddy Bob said...

My 1st comment after joining the new "Blog Fellowship of the Obsessed"!You are so adorable, no wonder my grandson's are so cute. We missed Carter's b-day, but the pictures helped.That was a quick 3yrs. I think I finally understand the SYRUP issue! I'll see you tomorrow, Love ya drive safely.

Brooke said...

Hi Nikki and fam! It's Brooke (Chidester) Rasmussen... randomly found your blog somehow... but I'm glad I did!
Anyhoo - you guys are so cute! Love all your pictures. We seriously can't be old enough to have such big kids... your boys are stud muffins! :) Miss you!

Shantel Palmer said...

Slip-n-slide was my favorite thing growing up - I'm glad to see it's still around and looking cooler than ever!

Looks like good times with the syrup incident - makes me feel better about leaving Isabelle unattended for a few minutes and coming back to peanut butter slicked through her hair!

I haven't talked to you in awhile, but I'm sure you're still faithfully attending yoga? I did finally return to the gym after all this time so once I get used to that again maybe I'll feel in shape enough to get back into yoga (and if not, I should at least give you my punch pass because I have quite a few left on it!)

Take care!

Erica said...

I can't believe you stopped to take pictures of Carter in the act! I love it! Jake is going to be way better than his uncles on that skim board, looks like he has had a lot of practice. I love that baby picture, there is a baby in our ward that reminds me of Carter so much at that age! Your boys are cute! Happy B-day Cartay!

Anonymous said...

I am totally impressed you were calm enough to snap a few pictures of the HUGE bottle of syrup! And look at Carter's little grin in those photos! LOL! Must be good to be be three! Happy Birthday Carter!

Kendra said...

The syrup looks just like you described it. Ohhh Nikki I still feel for you looking at the picture. Looks so crazy!!! Glad I didn't have to clean that up.

Sydney said...

Hi Nikki, Wow! What a mess. I'm so sorry!! Looks like you all are having fun in the sun though! Have fun with the whole fam!

jewly said...

What a busy summer you and your family are having. I am glad I got to see you while I was in AZ and Saige and Carter got to play in nursery.

Marielle Carlisle said...

Wow, that's a lot of syrup. I wouldn't even know where to begin,

Zoo Keeper said...

Oh I am so glad you posted the syrup! You know me....and my messy household full of little boys! Glad to know there is someone in my boat as well! Happy summer! I am so sad that I will miss you next week....maybe we can catch up on Sat...or was it Sun.??? Call me!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Carter!

That might be the worst spill I've ever seen! Have you banned syrup from your house now?

Hey, I wanted to let you know that I've decided to make our blog private. Let me know your e-mail and I'll add you to my list of readers! jesskrohn@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone!!! It's me brittany roberts! I miss you guys soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........super much! Happy Birthday Carter! I cant wait to come back to AZ and see you guys again. Maybe you could come up for Christmas...WE GOT SNOW!! I'll talk to you later. Bye!

-Brittany

Mimi said...

Holy Cow what a small blogging world it really is! It's Mimi, found your blog off another blog then another blog oh then your parents blog and so on. It's been so fun to read all about your family. Handsome boys!! I'll for sure check back.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Dont you love the twilight series?!?!?!?!?!? I know i do! Tell me if you are going to see the movie!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Have you guys melted from the heat??!! :)

Mimi said...

Hey Nik, you can check back anytime! I am just so happy that we are able to reconnect. It's so funny that you guys know Alycia! She is just a great friend. The "you know who you are" post is all about her! Small world. We are in El Dorado Hills. Not too far from our old stomping grounds. We love it here. Let us know if you are ever in town so we can catch up!

Julee said...

Sounds like you have been having a wonderful summer!!! I haven't been blogging in forever so it was so fun to see what you have been up to!! I couldn't stop laughing about the syrup incident!!! It sounds like something that would happen at my house!!! lol And Happy late birthday Carter!!!