10.20.2009

brothers



It was a magical morning.
One of those times where I hated to stop their playing to have them get ready for school.
And so I let them play at least 10 minutes longer than they should have.
I woke to giggles.
I could hear them in their room concocting stories and laughing.
When I entered their room to say good morning I found them both sitting in a big, empty plastic bin. I think it was their space ship. Carter had ditched his pull-up and was completely naked. I suggested he get dressed so that Dylan wouldn't have to sit next to naked-man, which of course he protested.
Then Dylan said, "It's okay, buddy. I'll save your spot for you while you get dressed."
Truly magical.

11 comments:

Erica said...

You have to just love those moments and truly cherish them! I am sure with moments like these comes crazy times too! Gotta love little boys imaginations...so different than girls! I want to jump into the computer and give these boys kisses. I can't though, so do it for me!

jewly said...

Too cute. Isn't it nice when they get along and look out for each other.

Karen M. said...

What cute boys! Isn't it great when every once in awhile their worlds collide in a good way? What's the deal with Carter and his clothes lately? Miss them lots!

Lynnette said...

Don't you love those moments? For me, it makes all of the stress that motherhood sometimes carries worth it!! You have cute boys!

Paige said...

Oh those moments are few and far between so I soak them up while I can!

Carrie said...

lllloooove those magical moments! I had one yesterday morning with just me and Ryan reading scriptures - his idea:) Which i drew upon during our homework time which dragged on and on and on!

loves!

Sally said...

Ok, waking up to happy giggles is the best! How cute are those two?

Cortney Clegg said...

aaaww! that just melts your heart! I think it's so cool that they are sweet to each other- I'm hoping my boys will turn out like yours. :)

JaMie HeApS said...

nothing better!

Amy said...

Aww. I can't wait till my kids can play with eachother. I hope they play as well as yours. A brothers' relationship is something special.

Julee said...

Ohhh!!! How cute is that!!!????