9.21.2009

db game


Saturday was a fun family day at the Diamondbacks game. We were able to hit up Le Grand Orange for a late lunch which was exciting - I have been wanting to go there for a long time. Totally delicious! We got to the game early for batting practice so the kids could try to get some home run balls. Dylan and Jake both got one. But a certain pair of children probably could have used a little less time sitting at the stadium. By 7:30, they were done sitting. Jake has turned into a serious fan - he could have stayed there all day.

Me and my D-back's (or baseball in general) fan!



Brad Hawpe on the Rockies in his custom Cutters. I promise every post is not about my family's favorite product.





This is the boys during batting practice which scared the living daylights out of me. All these crazy home-run balls crashing into the stands right by your head and people running all over trying to get them. Next time we'll go with catcher's masks and I'll feel better. Love this stadium and thank goodness they can close the roof to make it all indoors!

We had a great baseball day - even if my kids bugged my for treats the entire game!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

So much fun! I don't watch baseball on TV very well, but I love to go to the stadium...esp indoors, and I beg for treats the whole time too.

Paige said...

Life with Boys! I think a girl's night is in order!

Jer and Cam said...

How fun! Don't you love that play area where the kids can go when the treats run out. It really is the best stadium, huh?

Love the pics of the players with your super fancy camera. How awesome!

Carrie said...

I so much love the picture of you and Jake. Don't have a precise reason...maybe something about also being a mom of three boys and seeing you with your first of three boys who is oh so grown up! What a fun day! We so much miss you guys!

JaMie HeApS said...

but what is a game without treats??? what a fun saturday and that pizza joint is pretty darn tasty, the have a killer red velvet cake. i hear its the last week for the dbacks, we better hop on that and hit a game.

Erica said...

That a great Saturday! Looks like a blast! I love that they got in their red gear for it! Sitting through a whole baseball game is challenge enough for me! I can't imagine for Dylan and Carter! But soo fun for Jake!

Amy said...

Very fun family day. What kind of food is le Grand Orange? Never heard of it but that doesn't surprise me. You have 3 (ok 4, love you Patrick!) of the cutest boys on the planet. I think you know that but I wanted to tell you again. Sounds like batting practice was more fun than the actual game. I'll have to remember that. Especially if I ever go see a Pirates game again. Please tell me you caved and got those sweeties some treats! Go DB's (that sounds funny)!

Meghann said...

That sure looks like fun! We are sure going to miss the all the phoenix sports when we move to albuquerque:(

Kameron Luster and Jordan Nikolaus said...

I am jealous.. I haven't been to a game in so long!

I miss your family. I feel like I am in a different country..

Lets do lunch sometime. Love you!

Ashley Bruggeman said...

What a fun night! We didn't make it to a Mariner's game this year... the summer is never long enough!