9.20.2008

Letter to Patrick: Scorching Saturday
I woke this morning to the sound of three boys with armfuls of books coming into our room. We read and read and read - all three of their heads fit on your pillow.
They love Saturday morning cartoon veg-fest, don't they? We saw a commercial for "Igor" and decided that we would go to see that instead of swimming. Did I mention it was stinkin' hot today?
We headed out to the movies. Did you know that the boys say the driver's seat in the van is daddy's seat, even though I drive them more? We heard "Apologize" and we all sang along.
I think they were more excited about the ginormous vat of popcorn we were going to get than going to the movie. Movie popcorn always reminds me of our Provo dates to the dollar theatre and how you were repulsed by my need to get popcorn, even if we had already eaten dinner.

We got Dippin' Dots after. I spoil them when you're gone! I know you think that Dots are weird, but they are good.
Jake went to a community theater show for Cub Scouts and Dylan went to a birthday party. He was so excited to make this card. His writing is unbelievably adorable. I thought you should see.
He came home looking like this. Many arguments ensued over the introduction of a brand-new lightsaber. I put it on top of the fridge. He's thinking this might be a good look for Halloween.
I don't like pasta. I hate it, he said. His brother's and I said it was good but we could not convince him otherwise.
Jake got invited to the skate park with Brandon and had so much fun. This is him after he got back. I cannot believe how sweaty he gets - oh right, I forgot. Still so hot.
My pretty purple toes for your viewing pleasure. I love them! My gimpy toenail doesn't look half bad.
For some strange reason, the lid to my soda would not twist off for anything today. It was weird that you weren't here to help me open it. When you're gone, I realize the ways you make my life easier that I otherwise don't notice. I'm sorry for that.
Love you,
Nikki

17 comments:

Lynnette said...

What a fun little letter! Life can get a little crazy when you're playing the single parent while Dad is gone! I feel like that a lot lately as Greg has been so stinking busy! Hopefully life will get a little less crazy after his Boards next week!

Anonymous said...

Cute post! Is it really still so hot there? Sounds like you had a fun weekend... the boys too! :)

Amy said...

That is a great format to show Patrick all that you've been doing. It made me miss him for you.

Cortney Clegg said...

Everytime I see your boys I always hope that Asher grows up to be all cute and blonde like them! :) You're such a cool mom- what a fun weekend! (I too always insist on movie popcorn, and then about a quarter of the way through the bag I start to regret it...there is just something about that smell..mmmm...)

Jer and Cam said...

So glad to hear you are surviving. You are such a nice wife to post just for Patrick. So cute! I also love the pic of your cute purple toes, although I forgot to look at Kameron's today.

Karen M. said...

I just re-read this and I'm not sure why it made me cry this time. I'm sure it has to do with how crazy life can get and we sometimes don't take time to notice the small things. We take so much for granted and always expect things to be easy and I'm not sure that was the original plan. I love how you hold it together-you're a great mom and your hubby is a very lucky man!

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Hey that was such a cute post. Sounds like a busy Saturday, geesh I would need another weekend just to recoop! I love the pedicure too! Purple...how fun! I love when the boys let me read to them, its the only time I can get some serious cuddling in!

Mimi said...

You have got to be the coolest mom ever!!! Purple toes, diet pepsi, movie date with the boys, vegging out in bed, running them all around town...did I miss anything. Your boys are adorable. What's up with not liking pasta??? I thought every kid liked pasta. Carter is so determined to not like it.

Erica said...

Cute post! Your boys are getting so old it is crazy! How were you able to get a pedicure in the middle of all that?! Impressive! I love that you took pictures of the whole day! Such a fun idea!

nikki said...

The pedicure I got the day before when Carter was at school!!! Hee hee! I had to post a pic because I'm weird and I looove them!

Carrie said...

I love your letter to Patrick. I'm sure he LOVED it...did he cry?

Looks like it turned out like a fun day, even though you were missing him! Thanks for sharing your cute thoughts with us too.

How can Carter not like Pasta and still be your child? Big problem:)

nikki said...

Seriously! Pasta is the best and it is so weird that he doesn't like it. I agree with you - big problem!

Julee said...

What a cute idea!!! I love the letter and all of the pictures to go along with it!! :) You are such a sweet wifey and mother!!

Sarah said...

Ok, I really want to be a better Mom now:). What a fun day! I love the Birthday card. I have such a hard time not saving all of the Kindergarten stuff it is just too cute to throw away!

Jessica said...

What a sweet letter! Is Patrick traveling? It looks like you guys had a fun and busy day! Love the feet picture! I do that too! :0)

Zoo Keeper said...

OKay POPULAR! Check you out at least 15 comments on your posts!! Where are you?? I've noticed your slackin' off in the posting department! Hey our ward just did a Service Carnival that turned out really good! It cost a bit of money but was a lot of fun! Happy FALL!!

Anonymous said...

Nikki -

I love the pictures of the rest of the summer! I of course hadn't seen any from when you guys were here because I lost my camera on the boat that day and lost whatever ones I had taken (so sad!).. I briefly got to talk to Pat about his travel but can't wait to catch up & hear more! Sounds like you did great with the boys - you're amazing!! I'd be losing my mind if Dave had to be gone that long. Love, Kim